British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 890

Buying a new printer/scanner bacause the old one only scans now, but the new one won't print. Arrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I hate taking things back.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 9 2012, 4:36 PM GMT

I've always been pissed off with the sycophantic coverage of the Royals by the mainstream media but since Kate has come along, the hacks have gone into hyperbolic overdrive.

BBC News 24 devoted an entire 45 minutes to Kate choosing a pair of shoes this week. A pair of shoes FFS!

And we're still 6 months away from the diamond jubilee. It will only get worse.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 9 2012, 9:46 PM GMT

Buying a new printer/scanner bacause the old one only scans now, but the new one won't print. Arrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I hate taking things back.

Don't buy the cheap HP deskjet from Smiths. I purchased on last Monday. It had used ALL of the ink in both cartridges by Thursday, wouldn't print blue at all and was generally not doing what it should. It went back on the Saturday, try staples. They've got a deal on a multifunctional epson. (I'm not on commission. Just looking myself.)

Quote: keewik @ March 9 2012, 5:47 PM GMT

I'll allow you to share my sick bowl (if you promise to stop hounding foxes).

If it's one thing I can't get enough of, it's sharing a stranger's sick bowl.

Quote: youngian @ March 9 2012, 10:12 PM GMT

And we're still 6 months away from the diamond jubilee. It will only get worse.

Yep, with this and the Olympics, British news will be a non-stop propaganda machine. Luckily, I get t'news from t'internet.

"Found footage" movies. There's just been a trailer for yet another one on the telly. Just make a proper film!

Quote: KLRiley @ March 9 2012, 10:17 PM GMT

Don't buy the cheap HP deskjet from Smiths. I purchased on last Monday. It had used ALL of the ink in both cartridges by Thursday, wouldn't print blue at all and was generally not doing what it should. It went back on the Saturday, try staples. They've got a deal on a multifunctional epson. (I'm not on commission. Just looking myself.)

I bought the Epson Sx130 from Argos, only £29. But no USB cable, and as mentioned the scanner isn't working. I think I;m really unlucky with appliances though I always seem to get a dud.

My HP similar story. Cheap to buy but cartridges were expensive and didn't last long at all. Bought a Canon wireless Pixma something or other and it works really well and the inks last a lot longer!!

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 9 2012, 11:33 PM GMT

I bought the Epson Sx130 from Argos, only £29. But no USB cable, and as mentioned the scanner isn't working. I think I;m really unlucky with appliances though I always seem to get a dud.

I used to have bad luck with techy stuff. I had a 3 year period where everything I bought was either faulty straight away or broke within in a few months.

Print everything you need at work. When nobodies about. It's cheaper.

There is a very annoying bird in my back yard that is blaring the same annoying call every 3 seconds. If it were light outside I'd grab my BB gun and put an end to it.

Don't do it DaButt...we'd miss you.

Quote: DaButt @ March 10 2012, 12:40 PM GMT

There is a very annoying bird in my back yard that is blaring the same annoying call every 3 seconds. If it were light outside I'd grab my BB gun and put an end to it.

Sums up the gun crowd perfectly!
;)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ March 10 2012, 12:41 PM GMT

Don't do it DaButt...we'd miss you.

:)

Suicide by BB gun would be a tedious and painful process. I have a pistol that'll do the job much quicker.

The bird just stopped! Maybe I can go back to sleep.

Quote: zooo @ March 10 2012, 12:42 PM GMT

Sums up the gun crowd perfectly!
;)

Even you would have picked up an air rifle after 30 minutes of that racket. Screech-SCREEEECH. Screech-SCREEEECH. Screech-SCREEEECH. Screech-SCREEEECH. Screech-SCREEEECH.

Leave the bird alone you malicious f**ker!

Bloody gun totin yanks - is that your lots answer to everything ?!

:(

I might have gone and shook the tree. Or shouted at the bird to eff off.