British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 889

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ March 9 2012, 1:00 AM GMT

One day, Stylee was lost in the desert, dying of thirst. On his last legs, he came upon an old oil lamp in the sand. He gave it a rub (the lamp), and out popped..

.. a genie..

"Tell me O master" gurned the genie, "What is your greatest wish? Tell me, and I shall grant thee thine heart's desire."

"Hmmmm.." pondered Stylee. "Well.. I'd really like all wars to cease forthwith.. to establish equality between both genders and all the tribes of mankind.. to create an equal respect between flora and fauna.. and for love and peace to reign eternally throughout the world."

"Oh dear.." replied the genie. "That's the big one, isn't it? I'm afraid that's beyond my powers.. but tell me another wish, O nothingness, and I shall ensure to make it come true."

"Well.." pondered Stylee, thoughtfully. "I'd really like the effete power-posting troll known as Marc P to stop flicking his lipstick over everything he can, and finally come up with writing something.. plus.. something that's actually funny.."

"Hmmmmm.." replied the genie, rubbing his chin. "What was your first wish, again?"

That gag's older than you Stylee. There used to be posters who would rally against such recycling; I imagine Veronica Vestibule is turning in her e-grave.

Angry really can't be bothered with people anymore. Think I will just go live in the Artic with polar bear.

Quote: reds @ March 9 2012, 3:55 AM GMT

Angry really can't be bothered with people anymore. Think I will just go live in the Artic with polar bear.

Just keep away from women with high powered bows !

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 9 2012, 9:34 AM GMT

Just keep away from women with high powered bows !

;) OH Dear! me thinks MarcP is the least of your worries?...

I have nightmares about more 'aggressive' posters?

I've always been pissed off with the sycophantic coverage of the Royals by the mainstream media but since Kate has come along, the hacks have gone into hyperbolic overdrive.

BBC News 24 devoted an entire 45 minutes to Kate choosing a pair of shoes this week. A pair of shoes FFS!

Not since the revelation that Kate 'likes chocolate' after her visit to some posh shop, exclusively revealed by every news outlet everywhere, have I been so riveted by a piece of journalism.

People who put their house number on their dustbins.

So long as you have one wtf does it matter which one it is?

( Expect Kate has someone to put her bin out for her. I expect. )

I did that, because someone stole my old one. So I painted the number on it all huge and in pink paint - so nobody else would want it.

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 9 2012, 4:44 PM GMT

People who put their house number on their dustbins.

So long as you have one wtf does it matter which one it is?

( Expect Kate has someone to put her bin out for her. I expect. )

> wtf does it matter which one it is?

Some people put really smelly things in their bins in burst bags or not in bags & don't clean them out themselves, so you really would not want to 'inherit' one of those because they swapped for your nice clean one.

That bloody Grauniad advert about the Three Little Pigs.

They are so pompously arrogant and smart arse. F**king twats!

Quote: Chappers @ March 9 2012, 5:05 PM GMT

That bloody Grauniad advert about the Three Little Pigs.

They are so pompously arrogant and smart arse. F**king twats!

Meh, I thought it was quite a clever advert.

Quote: zooo @ March 9 2012, 4:47 PM GMT

I did that, because someone stole my old one. So I painted the number on it all huge and in pink paint - so nobody else would want it.

Poor Aar... oh, you're talking about the bin. Unimpressed

Quote: GGdown @ March 9 2012, 5:19 PM GMT

Meh, I thought it was quite a clever advert.

Typical Grauniad twisting the facts for their own right-on agenda.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 9 2012, 4:36 PM GMT

I've always been pissed off with the sycophantic coverage of the Royals by the mainstream media but since Kate has come along, the hacks have gone into hyperbolic overdrive.

BBC News 24 devoted an entire 45 minutes to Kate choosing a pair of shoes this week. A pair of shoes FFS!

Not since the revelation that Kate 'likes chocolate' after her visit to some posh shop, exclusively revealed by every news outlet everywhere, have I been so riveted by a piece of journalism.

I'll allow you to share my sick bowl (if you promise to stop hounding foxes).

Quote: zooo @ March 9 2012, 4:47 PM GMT

I'd like a pink car for the same reason.