British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 735

Quote: AJGO @ August 10 2011, 2:14 PM BST

Having a name that starts with A and receiving people's inadvertent phone calls

I rarely use voice mail but when I obey the phone and try to call voicemail, for some reason it goes straight to the person first on my list, who's name is Adam. I'm sure he must view my explanantion with scepticism.

Quote: chipolata @ August 10 2011, 2:21 PM BST

:D

Cash by sundown or I tell 'em every damn thing I heard (emoticon smoking a cigar in a black and white movie)

Quote: keewik @ August 10 2011, 2:38 PM BST

I rarely use voice mail but when I obey the phone and try to call voicemail, for some reason it goes straight to the person first on my list, who's name is Adam. I'm sure he must view my explanantion with scepticism.

Us A's have got a lot more paranoid since voicemail was invented!

Bastards (usually in shops) who insist on calling me 'dear'. It makes me feel like 5 or 95. Either way it's bloody patronising.

Bastards (usually in shops) who insist on calling me 'dear'. It makes me feel like 5 or 95. Either way it's bloody patronising.

On a similar note, customers who refer to me as "the little girl". Co-workers have been known to do it too. :(

Have you tried punching them?

Laughing out loud

My boss 'Adam' played me a message I left him in one of those 'first name on the list' moments.

I was me and my mates at 2 in the morning screeching at a taxi driver to stop at a kebab shop. Very embaressing!

The answer is to avoid alcohol - as I tell myself after posting late at night on Facebook ( not to mention the embarrassing texts and emails)

The answer is to avoid alcohol - as I tell myself after posting late at night on Facebook ( not to mention the embarrassing texts and emails)

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 12 2011, 8:50 PM BST

On a similar note, customers who refer to me as "the little girl". Co-workers have been known to do it too. :(

And then you show them your tattoo right?

What's it a tattoo of? :D

People who repeat themselves as if you're stupid.

People who repeat themselves as if you're stupid.

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2011, 1:08 AM BST

And then you show them your tattoo right?

What's it a tattoo of? :D

:$ Shup. I am TWENTY.

TWENTY inches tall?

tins of food that you still need to remove the lid with a can opener

IVE JUST NEARLY CUT MY FUCKING THUMB OFF WITH THE LID

looks like a masacre in my kitchen, blood everywhere God damn it to hell

:D Get your mum to open it for you!

Quote: lofthouse @ August 13 2011, 9:55 PM BST

tins of food that you still need to remove the lid with a can opener

IVE JUST NEARLY CUT MY FUCKING THUMB OFF WITH THE LID

looks like a masacre in my kitchen, blood everywhere God damn it to hell

What you need is one of these mate: http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/kitchen%20and%20household/manual-handheld-tin-openers-p/culinare-safety-can-opener-0029082-2277-information.htm

It neatly opens the tin halfway down the sealing-rim, thus leaving no sharp edge on either the lid or the tin..

I've used one for years now.

IMO they ought to ban all the other types. Cool