British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 714

Quote: DaButt @ June 27 2011, 3:24 PM BST

(It's easy, the football jerseys are a dead giveaway.)

I would never wear a football top! Only idiots wear them. Unless they play for the team, or are 10 years old.

Quote: Gavin @ June 27 2011, 3:28 PM BST

Football jersey wearing traffic cones for hats shouting oi oiiiii, getting into fights with their shadows. Yupthat's us.

Speak for yourself!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 27 2011, 4:06 PM BST

I would never wear a football top! Only idiots wear them. Unless they play for the team, or are 10 years old.

It is a bit odd that people buy and wear their fav teams shirt. What other hilarious lame standup routines style situations can we imagine this happening in? Snooker maybe? John Virgo's colour waist coats?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 27 2011, 4:06 PM BST

The only ones to wear are the obscure ones so people have to look closely to see what team it is - like Sutton United. Amber and chocolate.

Quote: Leevil @ June 27 2011, 4:10 PM BST

It is a bit odd that people buy and wear their fav teams shirt. What other hilarious lame standup routines style situations can we imagine this happening in?

Synchronized swimming?

You'd have to make sure you had a group of friends with you though. The logistics would be a nightmare.

Quote: Leevil @ June 27 2011, 4:10 PM BST

It is a bit odd that people buy and wear their fav teams shirt. What other hilarious lame standup routines style situations can we imagine this happening in? Snooker maybe? John Virgo's colour waist coats?

I'm tempted to start experimenting with waistcoats. With jeans, like a young David Essex.

Managers. With fans. Who won't share with the staff. That they are torturing over redundancies.

KL Riley it's not easy being a manager. Taking credit for other peoples work, drinking tea (and waiting for some one else to make it), undermining things.

We need our fans.

And how would we appreciate them, if you had them too?

Quote: sootyj @ June 27 2011, 5:14 PM BST

KL Riley it's not easy being a manager. Taking credit for other peoples work, drinking tea (and waiting for some one else to make it), undermining things.

We need our fans.

And how would we appreciate them, if you had them too?

I can't hear you. I'm in the fridge.

That's the executive fridge you'd better not be eating the sandwiches for the meeting!

I find fridges at work quite scary, territorial things.

Who knows what other people are doing to your opened food items? Sick

I never use them. Don't trust 'em.

Quote: chipolata @ June 28 2011, 3:20 PM BST

I find fridges at work quite scary, territorial things.

That is because at work people mock you as

"Chip who can not guard his yoghurt."

Where as I am mighty

"Sootyj no one uses his milk."

Twas my own fridge at Riley Towers. Wouldn't go anywhere near the work one. Its got stuff in there that I know has been slowly fermenting since before I started.

I hate bloody gastric reflux. It's not like being 'properly' unwell but I can't stand up, I can't sit down and the pain is pretty unpleasant to boot. Spouse has virtually accused me of malingering and is in full martyr mode. I need a vet to 'release the gases.'