British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 701

Pushy junior staff who can't wait for you to leave before trying to do your job. However, I have fixed the ungrate.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 5 2011, 10:08 PM BST

Result - the mother of all migraines.

A mama-graine?

Quote: Nogget @ June 7 2011, 6:13 PM BST

A mama-graine?

grandmama-graine

One minute silences

Have I missed it or are these compulsory now before any sporting event?

Wales v Barbaas last weekend. In memory of the four people killed in the explosion in South Wales.

What about if they had been killed on the M4 outside Newport? Would it have happened then? What're the criteria?

Angry

Laughing out loud

National rail enquiries that route your journey through London despite it all heading north and starting north of London. Does the concept of cross country no longer exist?

The front door of our office building pisses me off big time, the lock is just weird. Opens really easily some mornings and on others just can't seem to get it open. Damn you lock!

The guy on the bus this morning who decided that it was perfect time to clip his fingernails. There must have been something about that particualr seat because the next guy who sat there decided to pick his nose. Sick

Oh that is viiile.

Appreciate a response on this one guys.
The premise - it known that I'm leaving. It is also known that part of the reason is down to a senior member of staff who for some reason has got it in for me and has been unfailing unpleasant for over a decade. I've raised bullying and harassment a number of times with the line manager but nothing is done because manager can#t control the bully.
Today I'm in a meeting where results are being discussed. Bully starts on about how out of line my results are, how odd they look and the inference is I haven't done my job properly and if I tried really hard I could have sorted all the problems out. I was actually off work for nearly two months with stress when two other members of staff where supposed to have picked up and sorted out any major problems. They didn't. The Bully was one of them. Line manager just sat back and let Bully whinge for a good ten minutes until various of my colleagues started pitching in and pointing out that in fact there were less than half a dozen outcomes that I could reasonably have been expected to have resolved and I did bring at least five other solved cases to the meeting.
After the meeting several people commented that 'Bully was at it again.'
Bearing in mind I'll be gone and hopefully will never have to see these people again after July, do I bother raising it as a grievance as he'll start on someone else?
Also noted that his protege failed to bring any results to the meeting at all because he can't cope. (protege's own words.)But that too was made out to be my fault.

You might as well. It can't do any harm to you, and it might help other people.

Thanks zooo. I think I'll raise with the lawyer first to see what she says as I still have stuff to sign before I leave.
I think whatever I will request an interview with the Director of HR to let the insitution know what kinds of crap are happening on the shop floor.

Well, KL - I had a chap bully and be nasty to me for 20 years. Nothing I did was ever going to make him stop.
Then one day someone said to me ' you know why he complains about you and bullies you' Of course I replied 'no'. He said - because you are better at your job than him, he doesn't like it and so tries to deflect his short-comings onto you'
I knew I was better than him but had never made the connection.

Mr Goodlad, you are a scholar and a gentleman. And completely right. I and a couple of other members of staff did work out why Bully acts as he does a few years back. He's not renowned for being on top of his job and can't stand it when someone else is. And gawd 'elp 'em if they are female to boot. Double dose of unpleasantness.
We also decided that he suffers from a massive inferiority complex owing to having to manage staff that have better qualifications and greater experience than he does.
He's still a s**t though.

Is there something there for constructive dismissal?