British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 700

:D

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2011, 11:55 AM BST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._L._Kennedy
She was being stern and moany on The Review Show.

She's quite good though.

Every time I see her on TV I want to hurl things at the screen - she's such a poseur. I loathe her books, which I think are written mainly to impress and win prizes. She came to speak at a writer's group I used to attend and she was so up herself it was unbelievable. None of the sane folk could stomach her.

I've not read any of her work per se.
All I'm going on is a few handouts my tutor gave me at uni by her on writing, which I remember as being really funny.

Quote: keewik @ June 4 2011, 4:39 PM BST

Every time I see her on TV I want to hurl things at the screen - she's such a poseur. I loathe her books, which I think are written mainly to impress and win prizes. She came to speak at a writer's group I used to attend and she was so up herself it was unbelievable. None of the sane folk could stomach her.

Are there many insane people in your book group?

Who are the trolls on the BCG? I can't see who they are!

But then I don't read Critique.....

Quote: Ben @ June 4 2011, 3:41 PM BST

I rather enjoy the trolls on here. There's some good humour in them. I don't really see them as ruining the BCG, but I am incredibly easy going.

That's weak Ben, I expected more of you.

Hypochondriacs are another thing that piss me off. I loathe Hypo-bloody-chondriacs, whenever I hear/see/touch/smell/taste a Hypochondriac I always come down with a severe illness.

Quote: sootyj @ June 4 2011, 5:01 PM BST

Are there many insane people in your book group?

It was a writers group and was therefore frequently visited by lunatics and annoying people - there were nights when I was sorry I'd come out without my axe.

The cost of holidays.

:O Please tell me, I'm confused who are the fakes?...

I like everyone, but I'm like that, even Aaron.

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2011, 4:45 PM BST

I've not read any of her work per se.

TTPYO - people who use Latin terms in everyday English. Pro tem, Per se etc. etc. etc.

I do hope that was ironic... Unimpressed

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2011, 8:24 PM BST

I do hope that was ironic... Unimpressed

;)

"I keep farting Mike Oldfield tracks - Doctor said I've Tubular Bowels." - Keith 'joke recycler' Chegwin.

The idiot that made me tea using water from a jug that had previously contained coffee. Result - the mother of all migraines.