British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 455

Quote: Aaron @ July 3 2009, 11:59 AM BST

they're*

they're

My "friends" being ridiculously useless.

TTPYO -- My family not giving a damn about me or my kids when something bad happens, yet I'm supposed to drop everything and completely upend my life for them when they have some minor crisis like a hangnail or their mouse freezing up on their dinosaur of a computer. Grr.

I have no idea what a hangnail is, but I do hate bastards like that. Freeze 'em out, they're just leecehes on your existence.

Quote: Aaron @ July 5 2009, 9:12 PM BST

I have no idea what a hangnail is, but I do hate bastards like that. Freeze 'em out, they're just leecehes on your existence.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
It's that painful, annoying little tab of skin that forms alongside you fingernail that can only be removed with clippers.

My parents are my hangnail. Yes, that works.

People talking loudly on mobiles complaining to the people they're talking to that everybody is listening to them. Huh?

Also, the "Current Rado Comedy..." thread being closed! So we can start umpteen thousand f**king little threads on radio shows that nobody will contribute to. Well done, Aaron. On the ball, as ever.

Quote: chipolata @ July 6 2009, 10:28 AM BST

Also, the "Current Rado Comedy..." thread being closed! So we can start umpteen thousand f**king little threads on radio shows that nobody will contribute to. Well done, Aaron. On the ball, as ever.

My pleasure, chip. It was your own pissy bitching that made me even consider it, so you've no one to blame but yourself. If the experiment doesn't work out, I'll open it again. It's no bother to me.

Or, preferably, you can leave the site. The choice is yours. :)

Quote: Aaron @ July 6 2009, 2:38 PM BST

My pleasure, chip. It was your own pissy bitching that made me even consider it, so you've no one to blame but yourself. If the experiment doesn't work out, I'll open it again. It's no bother to me.

Or, preferably, you can leave the site. The choice is yours. :)

I don't know, I go away on me holiday and all hell breaks loose. Current radio comedy thread closed? Mmm. Not sure about that. I do think Chip has a point about the vacuum creating many little threads that nobody will contribute to that much. Over the past year I've been contributing here, it's been notable that the appetite for radio comedy has been limited to a very small, but appreciative number who actually listen to it, at all.

Do we really want a thread for Newfangle, for example, that merely consists of the, probably, two comments that have been made about it?

Yes.

Whether it'll work out or not is another matter. Like I said, an experiment. If it doesn't work - and it probably won't because chip's a stubborn immature one and will neglect to post on other threads - then the single thread will, regretfully, be reopened.

Quote: Aaron @ July 6 2009, 2:38 PM BST

My pleasure, chip. It was your own pissy bitching that made me even consider it

It was me thrashing you in an argument (again!) that made you consider it. :)

You do have quite a peculiar view on the world! But hey, whatever gets you through the day.

The Heart FM ad.

The music on TV ads. The moaning, depressing TalkTalk one in particular.

Idiots - they piss me off.

Quote: Robert D @ July 8 2009, 3:08 AM BST

Idiots - they piss me off.

OK, Robert... care to ellaborate?