British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 444

Hug:$

There's a lot of girl-girl love going on in the General Discussion forum at the moment. Very little man-man love though. And practically no man-boy love.

I love the boys AND the girls.

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 17 2009, 10:59 PM BST

There's a lot of girl-girl love going on in the General Discussion forum at the moment. Very little man-man love though. And practically no man-boy love.

It's been a while since the Aaron and Ian "bonding" posts.

Gavin and Elliot though..... Robyn, be worried!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ June 17 2009, 11:02 PM BST

It's been a while since the Aaron and Ian "bonding" posts.

Gavin and Elliot though..... Robyn, be worried!

:( I am. Really.

Quote: EllieJP @ June 17 2009, 11:01 PM BST

I love the boys AND the girls.

I'm sure that's the second time you've made that reference to that inclination.

What you been up to lately, Ellie?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 17 2009, 11:02 PM BST

:( I am. Really.

Oh, BTW Robyn, hope you don't mind but I'm using your name for the lead female character in my latest sitcom script (Robyn that is, obviously). It's a really cool name. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 17 2009, 11:24 PM BST

Oh, BTW Robyn, hope you don't mind but I'm using your name for the lead female character in my latest sitcom script (Robyn that is, obviously). It's a really cool name. :)

:$ Thank you. I take it very much as a compliment!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 17 2009, 11:27 PM BST

:$ Thank you. I take it very much as a compliment!

She's a goth/EMO type, in her early 20's, who can't ever do kissing right and who writes terrible girly singer-songwriter songs. She's hired by strange men to come over to their houses and wash their hair whilst their wives are away. And she lives with her brother (a barber) and her mother - a Miss Haversham-type who in always in bed, reminiscing wistfully about her days in the theatre, often dressed as Little Orphan Annie.

Nasty... but funnny..

Quote: Robert D @ June 18 2009, 12:09 AM BST

Nasty... but funnny..

That is actually some details about the character I've written! It has nothing (I sincerely hope) to do with our lovely Robyn. :)

Just borrowed a name, s'all.

Oh right. Fair enough. Want to put Robert in it. That's a great name too!

Quote: Tim Walker @ June 17 2009, 11:49 PM BST

She's a goth/EMO type, in her early 20's, who can't ever do kissing right and who writes terrible girly singer-songwriter songs. She's hired by strange men to come over to their houses and wash their hair whilst their wives are away. And she lives with her brother (a barber) and her mother - a Miss Haversham-type who in always in bed, reminiscing wistfully about her days in the theatre, often dressed as Little Orphan Annie.

:) Sounds bizarre, I like it.

Quote: Leevil @ June 18 2009, 12:18 AM BST

:) Sounds bizarre, I like it.

Cheers, this is the script I should have been working on the last few hours instead of depositing my junk all over the forum. It's a nice, big, fun studio sitcom idea, which is a change for me...

Is it normally a horrible, small, boring locational drama idea, which isn't a change for me...

Hard to find opposites quickly. :D