British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 412

Quote: chipolata @ April 4 2009, 1:32 PM BST

Yeah, right. I imagine you as a timid mouse of a man, hiding behind zooo's skirt. :)

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ April 4 2009, 1:36 PM BST

Heh. Other way around.

You hide behind Aaron's skirt? :O

Oh bloody hell!

I can't say anything right today. :(

Quote: chipolata @ April 4 2009, 1:32 PM BST

Yeah, right. I imagine you as a timid mouse of a man, hiding behind zooo's skirt. :)

Not on public transport I'm not.

Quote: zooo @ April 4 2009, 1:37 PM BST

Oh bloody hell!

I can't say anything right today. :(

Just today? ;)

Har.

Having staff that don't turn up!

This: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/07/video-g20-police-assault

Footage showing a policeman striking the man who collapsed and died at the G20 protests. As the video shows, when he was attacked he had his hands in his pockets and his back to the riot police. Absolutely disgraceful.

I may well stand alone on this but what I could see of the video he was acting like an arse in front of riot police. He got pushed to the ground. I've seen worse on the play ground and I teach in a primary school. If you whippersnappers want police brutality have a look at the Miners Strike. Aaron, miners are people who work underground and are generaaly from the north. No not moles. Miners.

Quote: NickTheDon @ April 7 2009, 7:02 PM BST

This: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/07/video-g20-police-assault

Footage showing a policeman striking the man who collapsed and died at the G20 protests. As the video shows, when he was attacked he had his hands in his pockets and his back to the riot police. Absolutely disgraceful.

Can we judge just yet when we know so little?

Why is he there in the first place? Why is walking through like he was? I'm not condoning police violence obviously, but who's to say what went on there?

Brings this ad into mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKScopMnKI

Quote: roscoff @ April 7 2009, 11:24 PM BST

I may well stand alone on this but what I could see of the video he was acting like an arse in front of riot police. He got pushed to the ground. I've seen worse on the play ground and I teach in a primary school. If you whippersnappers want police brutality have a look at the Miners Strike. Aaron, miners are people who work underground and are generaaly from the north. No not moles. Miners.

If he was totally innocent (he may well be, this is just my view) then why didn't he hold up his hands and walk away? He just skulks and slows the police line down. Who knows what's being muttered in that clip?

Quote: Seefacts @ April 7 2009, 11:29 PM BST

Can we judge just yet when we know so little?

Why is he there in the first place? Why is walking through like he was? I'm not condoning police violence obviously, but who's to say what went on there?

Brings this ad into mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKScopMnKI

If he was totally innocent (he may well be, this is just my view) then why didn't he hold up his hands and walk away? He just skulks and slows the police line down. Who knows what's being muttered in that clip?

He was there in the first place because he was working nearby and was trying to get home apparently. He didn't look like he was co-operating fully with the police, but did what he was doing in the video really justify the use of force from the police? The policeman struck him once in the back of the leg, then as he was walking away from the police, and with his hands in his pockets and posing no threat to them, was aggressively thrown to the floor. I don't think whatever he was saying to the police justifies that.

I've seen more clips today on the news of what is in my opinion disgraceful behaviour from the police. There have been too many stories in recent years on police brutality, something has to be done about it surely.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 7 2009, 11:29 PM BST

Why is he there in the first place? Why is walking through like he was?

He was walking home (a YMCA-type shelter) from work.

Quote: roscoff @ April 7 2009, 11:24 PM BST

If you whippersnappers want police brutality have a look at the Miners Strike.

That was a beautiful sight.

Holidays.

Boxes of crackers. Not Christmas ones. Crackers for cheese.

As this is one of the few carbohydrates I can eat at the moment crackers are on the menu at lunch and dinner. But why oh why are there always two types in the box that no one ever eats -those cornish water crackers are a prime example!

Edit - not quite as important as Police beatings, but close! Whenever I've been arrested the police have always been quite civil!

Quote: Aaron @ April 9 2009, 5:47 PM BST

Holidays.

As in Easter, or as in going away to foreign climes?