British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 359

TTPYO: The shitty design of the headlamp system on my Hyundai. I've replaced the bulbs 5 or 6 times now and every time it's been an ordeal. I just did it again and it took more than an hour to remove the battery, the battery shroud, several unnecessary screws and the most ridiculous spring-loaded clip I've ever seen. I've never had a car that put me through such an ordeal to replace a simple light bulb.

At least I won't wreck my car in this fog tomorrow like I almost did this morning ...

Quote: DaButt @ December 18 2008, 11:24 PM GMT

TTPYO: The shitty design of the headlamp system on my Hyundai. I've replaced the bulbs 5 or 6 times now and every time it's been an ordeal. I just did it again and it took more than an hour to remove the battery, the battery shroud, several unnecessary screws and the most ridiculous spring-loaded clip I've ever seen. I've never had a car that put me through such an ordeal to replace a simple light bulb.

At least I won't wreck my car in this fog tomorrow like I almost did this morning ...

I had to get a ride in my friends 4x4 truck to get to school this morning because the snow hadn't been removed in time for my piddly Chevy Malibu...THAT'S RIGHT I DRIVE A CHEVY MALIBU! It's got MAG wheels son! You wanna make something of it!?
Sorry I get a little defensive of my car...I think I might be insecure.

Quote: Curt @ December 18 2008, 11:39 PM GMT

THAT'S RIGHT I DRIVE A CHEVY MALIBU!

I drove a Chevy Malibu. In 1979.

Quote: DaButt @ December 18 2008, 11:42 PM GMT

I drove a Chevy Malibu. In 1979.

:( Mine's a 2005
I tried to spiff it up with some fussy dice...
...I don't think anyone has noticed.

I thought you cool transatlantic guys all cruise around in Ford F350s. They're great, but too big for UK roads!

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ December 19 2008, 12:15 AM GMT

I thought you cool transatlantic guys all cruise around in Ford F350s. They're great, but too big for UK roads!

We do...but I am not one of the cool transatlantics.

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ December 19 2008, 12:15 AM GMT

I thought you cool transatlantic guys all cruise around in Ford F350s.

I'm the only man in Texas without a pickup truck. Every now and then I think about buying an F150, but then I consider the price of fuel and start looking at little Hondas and Hyundais again.

They make the Toyota Tundra pickups here in San Antonio. I wonder if I can get a good deal on one?

Quote: DaButt @ December 19 2008, 12:56 AM GMT

Every now and then I think about buying an F150, but then I consider the price of fuel and start looking at little Hondas and Hyundais again.

Showing your "green" credentials there DaButt, or just being miserly?

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ December 19 2008, 1:01 AM GMT

Showing your "green" credentials there DaButt, or just being miserly?

Both, I guess. It would be nice to be able to haul bags of fertilizer and furniture around, but 90% of my driving is a solo 17-mile trip to work and back. I think it would be cheaper to rent a truck whenever I need one.

But then I think about camping trips to the desert and I want a massive Humvee with a .50 cal mounted on the roof. Pirate

Quote: DaButt @ December 19 2008, 1:05 AM GMT

But then I think about camping trips to the desert and I want a massive Humvee with a .50 cal mounted on the roof. Pirate

Is the desert you speak of in Iraq?

Quote: Geoff Mutton @ December 19 2008, 1:11 AM GMT

Is the desert you speak of in Iraq?

No, it's the Mojave in California, but I'd like to camp in Iraq someday. Afghanistan, too. Maybe one of these days ...

Quote: DaButt @ December 19 2008, 1:15 AM GMT

No, it's the Mojave in California, but I'd like to camp in Iraq someday. Afghanistan, too. Maybe one of these days ...

Hell yea! You and I will go hunting one day!

Catch us some Ibex

I've only hunted partridge and rabbit successfully though...I hope your a better hunter than me.
I lie I've only successfully hunted Partridge.

:O

Quote: Loopey @ December 19 2008, 1:25 AM GMT

:O

real men hunt with traditional bow >-------> ;)

Now I don't agree with that. *mumble mumble mumble*