British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 1,482

Quote: Marc P @ 2nd May 2014, 11:36 PM BST

Is that a euphemism?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jennie @ 2nd May 2014, 11:39 PM BST

The Enterprise on Red Lion Street? That is right opposite the law school I teach at, and at the end of term I took all my students there.

THAT WAS ALL THE BLOKES COULD TALK ABOUT ALL FUCKING EVENING. Drove me insane.

Stupid idea.

Hey, you know my old local. I'm good friends with Nick the owner and a few of the bar staff. Wow, small world.

We could have been in there at the same time and not known it. I was in there today, in fact.

Quote: Jennie @ 2nd May 2014, 11:45 PM BST

We could have been in there at the same time and not known it. I was in there today, in fact.

I haven't been there a lot lately due to my financial situation. :(

Though I have met other BCGers there in the past for our unofficial clique black masses / swinger parties.

Just texted my Mum about the situation with my anus. She was not impressed. Thanks a lot RC.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 2nd May 2014, 11:50 PM BST

Just texted my Mum about the situation with my anus. She was not impressed. Thanks a lot RC.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

'You better come down here, we've got a situation'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd May 2014, 11:53 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

'You better come down here, we've got a situation'

Does that chat up line ever work.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd May 2014, 11:36 PM BST

There are? Like what? Domestic chores? Celebrities? The cost of scones? The human experience is probably the most fascinating thing to talk about, plus it's great material for cracking off colour jokes.

Eg. When I was out last Friday night in my old local in Holborn, the owner had installed a new video game in the urinals. Some technical boffin created a racing game with a little Formula 1 car you can steer with your urine. It's pretty much all we talked about for the entire evening. The girls were a bit jealous they're wasn't something similar in the ladies. However, it did give me an opportunity to make a couple of great jokes about 'Wii remotes' and a 'literal pissing contest'.

Your mysogynistic tendencies rear their heads again. I HATE domestic chores. Don't know anybody who doesn't. Celebrities? Boring and probably haven't heard of them. And we're not interested. Couldn't tell you the price if a scone - don't eat them. If I did I'd make my own. Have you heard of politics, novels, psychology, the referendum on Scottish independence? These are a few of the things we talk about.

Quote: keewik @ 2nd May 2014, 11:54 PM BST

Have you heard of politics, novels, psychology, the referendum on Scottish independence? These are a few of the things we talk about.

And presumably the lack of Thrush in the Lowlands.

Have you heard of politics, novels, psychology, the referendum on Scottish independence? These are a few of the things we talk about. Because if not head down to Govan as after a few swiftones I'll sing about them outside my local, until someone calls the polis.

Keewik, are you the legendary song bird of Govan?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd May 2014, 11:57 PM BST

And presumably the lack of Thrush in the Lowlands.

very nice.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd May 2014, 11:59 PM BST

Keewik, are you the legendary song bird of Govan?

very nice.

Jeeze! My cover's blown.

The thrush is indeed an endangered species.

Covers? I thought ye wrote all your own works.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd May 2014, 11:48 PM BST

I haven't been there a lot lately due to my financial situation. :(

:(

Mind you, not quite sure how I would introduce you to my students: "Everybody, I would like you to meet a boy I talk to on the internet. I don't know his name, but I do know he occasionally struggles to perform after a couple of pints. Please make him feel welcome".

I can't imagine how that could be awkward.

Couldn't tell you the price if a scone - don't eat them.

We may have to rectify that when I achieve daughter-in-law status. I do like making scones. (Pronounced Sc-owns. Like phones.) With clotted cream and strawberry jam and a nice pot of Earl Grey.

Quote: Jennie @ 3rd May 2014, 12:03 AM BST

"Everybody, I would like you to meet a boy I talk to on the internet. I don't know his name, but I do know he occasionally struggles to perform after a couple of pints. Please make him feel welcome".

That's not a bad introduction, I've had worse. We could then have a competition to see how many pints I can down before losing my hard-on. In fact, that sounds like a great night.

Quote: Jennie @ 3rd May 2014, 12:05 AM BST

:(

Mind you, not quite sure how I would introduce you to my students: "Everybody, I would like you to meet a boy I talk to on the internet. I don't know his name, but I do know he occasionally struggles to perform after a couple of pints. Please make him feel welcome".

I can't imagine how that could be awkward.

We may have to rectify that when I achieve daughter-in-law status. I do like making scones. (Pronounced Sc-owns. Like phones.) With clotted cream and strawberry jam and a nice pot of Earl Grey.

I can make quite a nice fruit scone (scawn) but will be happy to let you take over.