British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 1,018

I just had some spelt bread. It's spelt spelt. And it was actually pretty nice toasted up so I am not pissed off about it all. So, as you were :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 4 2012, 1:05 PM BST

Just be glad it's working, you do live in a country that likes to catch fire quite often.

No bloody chance of that happening in Britain this miserable summer. I'd gladly sacrifice some Cumbrians to wild fires in exchange for a few nice days of sunshine. :(

Am very pleased it works and that it was a false alarm. Just wish it could have malfunctioned during the day.

Fed up with the English language today, for some reason I was thinking of the town of Middlesbrough, which some people mistakenly pronounce Middles-borough, but the nickname for Middlesbrough FC is 'The Boro'.

Surely the nickname should be 'The Bras'? It don't make no bloody sense no how.

Try being a bloody foreign.

Quote: Booo @ July 4 2012, 2:39 PM BST

Try being a bloody foreign.

No thanks! *spits on ground*

Quote: Rob H @ July 4 2012, 2:56 PM BST

No thanks! *spits on ground*

*spits on Rob H*

Andy Murray's effin' mother !

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 4 2012, 6:19 PM BST

Andy Murray's effin' mother !

??????????

Go on, why has she inspired your ire Oldrocker?

TTPYO: Boris bleeding Johnson doing automated announcements on the Tube network to tell people about transport changes during the Olympics. What an ego that man has. It's time he stopped treating the Olympics as though it's his personal gift to the nation.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 4 2012, 2:20 PM BST

Fed up with the English language today, for some reason I was thinking of the town of Middlesbrough, which some people mistakenly pronounce Middles-borough, but the nickname for Middlesbrough FC is 'The Boro'.

Surely the nickname should be 'The Bras'? It don't make no bloody sense no how.

Feeder club Bristol City. Works perfectly, they should definitely do that

Quote: Badge @ July 4 2012, 6:26 PM BST

TTPYO: Boris bleeding Johnson doing automated announcements on the Tube network to tell people about transport changes during the Olympics. What an ego that man has. It's time he stopped treating the Olympics as though it's his personal gift to the nation.

Really? I've managed to miss that. Which is fortunate as I hate having to shout 'f**k the f**k off' on the tube. Heartily agree with the rest. With a black and hate-filled heart, but heartily nonetheless

TTPYO: Ice-cream vans, playing music, really loudly, for a really long time. Everyone who's interested heard the first line of Teddy Bears Picnic, you don't need to play it over the music I'm listening to until I have to shout 'f**k the f**k off' out the window. Why are you even playing a song about going down to the woods whilst doling out ice-creams to kids from a grubby van?
I'm surprised The Sun hasn't put a stop to this.

Mine does Popeye the Sailorman.

Ours does Greensleeves.

Quote: AJGO @ July 4 2012, 6:53 PM BST

Why are you even playing a song about going down to the woods whilst doling out ice-creams to kids from a grubby van?
I'm surprised The Sun hasn't put a stop to this.

:D

I'm pretty sure the one round here does O Sole Mio.

Least he has a go at being authentic.

The one round our way plays the Match of the Day theme

Mental