British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 1,011

Rolling eyes

Quote: lofthouse @ July 1 2012, 10:38 PM BST

I'd pay good money to watch Macintyre being gang raped by a flange of fully grown mountain gorillas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTPkmH4hWCs

good money please

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 1 2012, 10:45 PM BST

Rolling eyes

:P

zooo, I have to break it to you, I'm sorry. I was on your side until I realised you weren't just on about the tennis.

*cries for the end of a beautiful friendship*

Uh oh. *sends you a free cat*

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 10:39 PM BST

The ideal solution would be to keep sports on dedicated sports channels (free ones) and never ever show it anywhere else.
Then everyone's happy.

Not really. For the BBC to buy all sports - including the football, the cricket, Formula 1, etc. They'd have to spend out half a billion squids.

Then you would complain that the BBC shouldn't be spending license fee money on sports.

You big moany moaner. :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 1 2012, 11:00 PM BST

Not really. For the BBC to buy all sports - including the football, the cricket, Formula 1, etc. They'd have to spend out half a billion squids.

Then you would complain that the BBC shouldn't be spending license fee money on sports.

You big moany moaner. :P

Where in my post did I say anything about the BBC being involved??

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 11:06 PM BST

Where in my post did I say anything about the BBC being involved??

You said it should be shown on a free channel. ITV don't have the budget and Sky are evil greedy money heads, so it has to be the Beeb.

Simple answer stop paying footballers.

There's loads of channels on Freeview they can clog up with boring sport.

Quote: sootyj @ July 1 2012, 11:11 PM BST

Simple answer stop paying footballers.

Definitely that too.

Oi I just watched Man v Food nation on free view.

That should not be sacrificed for football.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 11:13 PM BST

There's loads of channels on Freeview they can clog up with boring sport.

Television rights to football cost money. As much as I'd like to believe that the early success of Sky was the BBC dropping Star Trek: The Next Generation and loads of nerds went out and got a dish, it was really down to showing the football.

Would you pay £20 a month to watch live X Factor? I doubt it.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 10:56 PM BST

Uh oh. *sends you a free cat*

That won't work, I'm bananaphobic, not cataphobic.
Eh?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 1 2012, 11:15 PM BST

Television rights to football cost money. As much as I'd like to believe that the early success of Sky was the BBC dropping Star Trek: The Next Generation and loads of nerds went out and got a dish, it was really down to showing the football.

Would you pay £20 a month to watch live X Factor? I doubt it.

Well, no, as I don't watch it for free either. :S

Quote: Booo @ July 1 2012, 11:17 PM BST

That won't work, I'm bananaphobic, not cataphobic.
Eh?

I was trying to make you like me again, silly.

The Beeb doesn't need to chase ratings for it's advertisers like ITV does, it's supposed to serve us, and it's clearly not in our interests to use the funds we give it to to duplicate a programme already being shown on another channel.
Broadcasting the same stuff on more than one channel like going to a multiplex to find the same film on every screen at the same time, and still having to buy tickets for every one of them.