British Comedy Guide

Most annoying sitcom character Page 2

I don't know their names, but the Ralf Little and Will Mellor characters in 2 Pints Of Lager. They're everything that's wrong with modern Britain. Then some.

Quote: chipolata @ December 4 2009, 9:45 AM GMT

I don't know their names, but the Ralf Little and Will Mellor characters in 2 Pints Of Lager. They're everything that's wrong with modern Britain. Then some.

They had a slow drip effect on me. Whilst everybody hates Two Pints I liked it at the beginning. However it became slowly painful to watch and those two characters seemed to stay one dimensional throughout. Highly annoying I agree.

Declan from 2point4 Children. He was a homeless kid who they adopted. He ruined the final series.

Smithy in Gavin and Stacey.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 4 2009, 11:24 AM GMT

Smithy in Gavin and Stacey.

Shit I forgot about him! I'm changing mine to that as well :) I can't stand him. I had to ignore him last night.

I don't mind G&S, but have only seen a little of it and I find that character too annoying. Not annoying in a amusingly, enjoyable annoying, just unwatchable.

I'm huge Alison Steadman fan. :)

Two words. One man. David Brent. Nuff said.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 4 2009, 11:55 AM GMT

I'm a huge Alison Steadman fan. :)

Might I suggest you eat fewer pies?

Getting back on topic (briefly), I'm annoyed by all characters played by Ruth Madoc.

They're too much like Ruth Madoc.

Quote: Ming the Mirthless @ December 4 2009, 12:30 PM GMT

Might I suggest you eat fewer pies?

Getting back on topic (briefly), I'm annoyed by all characters played by Ruth Madoc.

They're too much like Ruth Madoc.

I saw Ruth Madoc in Under Milkwood some years ago. She was excellent. I think she only plays the characters she's asked to play. I loved her as Dafydd's mother in Little Britain.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 4 2009, 11:45 AM GMT

I don't mind G&S, but have only seen a little of it and I find that character too annoying. Not annoying in a amusingly, enjoyable annoying, just unwatchable.

Alec who worked on security a couple of years ago was orgianlly from Croydon, and he tended to be very loud and excitable with a habit of making uneccesarily coarse remarks, so in this respect I find Smithy an accurate representative of the southern man.

Quote: IT David @ December 4 2009, 2:29 PM GMT

Alec who worked on security a couple of years ago was orgianlly from Croydon, and he tended to be very loud and excitable with a habit of making uneccesarily coarse remarks, so in this respect I find Smithy an accurate representative of the southern man.

For a man of the church, you seem quite keen on stereotyping and casting umbrella judgements. And that's a sin in anyone's book.

Quote: Chappers @ December 3 2009, 11:44 PM GMT

Oh no!

Let's hope zooo doesn't see this.

:D
He's good!

I agree with Twist from Spaced.
But the second Kochanski in Red Dwarf would win for me.

Bob Fossil.

I just don't 'get' Rich Fulcher, like what everyone else seems to. Love The Boosh though, despite this.

Dan

Quote: jim field @ December 4 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

For a man of the church, you seem quite keen on stereotyping and casting umbrella judgements. And that's a sin in anyone's book.

What is that? Hang on what is that?

I have heard it.

What have I heard? A pot labelling the kettle black.

First and foremost I do not appreciate the label 'man of the church'. I am a Christian who attends church, phrases of that kind help contribute to a negative image of Christians and particularly those Christians commited to our faither enough to give thanks to our lord.

I am equally perturbed by the suggestion I am stereotyping. I am simply pointing out that characters who I have seen on television who come from a particular refion are similar to people who I have met in real life who come from that particular region. This is not to say that the character in question representated everyone from thaty particular region but simply that the writers observations were uncannly in keeping with my experience.

Anomosity is no friend of mine but I have to say that I think my brother in law is about the only affable lawyer I have ever come accross.