British Comedy Guide

Clown Chowder: new stand-up comedy gig Page 2

Quote: EllieJP @ November 26 2009, 4:20 PM GMT

I started them all, the rumours are all true.

There's one going around that you're not a trannie.

Ah, that isn't true.

Coooool!

Good luck with it and, Gis a gig!

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Hope to see you there, stuffing your faces and forcing yourself to laugh at the same tired jokes I've been dutifully trotting out on these boards the last couple of years.

With a bit more panache, I hope to God...

;)

Dan

As nobody seems willing to ask, do they have yorkshire puds?

Great idea, great getting Mr Foot and look forward to seeing you there!

This is most excellent

This sounds awful. I hate food. Count me out.

Good point actually

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 27 2009, 3:09 PM GMT

I hate food. Count me out.

The lies! "Please, Mister Bussell, may I have some more... quorn." Then I bellow at you and send you into the stews of London where you end up working for a Jewish stereotype and his army of urchins. That's right, I referenced Oliver, motherlover! Merry Christmas!

I'd go, but I'm worried that seefacts and his companion might come and sit at my table...

Quote: David Bussell @ November 27 2009, 5:03 PM GMT

The lies! "Please, Mister Bussell, may I have some more... quorn." Then I bellow at you and send you into the stews of London where you end up working for a Jewish stereotype and his army of urchins. That's right, I referenced Oliver, motherlover! Merry Christmas!

I'd better make sure I've had enough sleep if this is the sort of stuff we're getting from your compering...

Dan

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 27 2009, 1:50 AM GMT

Good luck with it and, Gis a gig!

Translation: 'Good luck with it - if you Gis a gig!

Congratulations, Mr Bussell, and here's wishing you the very best with this exciting venture. Not completely sold on the name, to be honest though... ('Clown Chowder', not yours, though you might want to re-think that too.) Wave