British Comedy Guide

Jumper (a sketch) Page 4

Well if you think we're a self-serving cabal of ignorant arseholes, why are you bothering? Is it just attention seeking?

*decides that it is, and crosses Roodeye off The List*

Quote: Roodeye @ November 19 2009, 11:04 PM GMT

See?

Here they come!

As predicted and right on cue.

Do you want for professional advice/critique Roodeye or are you just posting for your own amusement?

Quote: Marc P @ November 19 2009, 11:10 PM GMT

Do you want for professional advice/critique Roodeye or are you just posting for your own amusement?

What I don't want is old scores (and, indeed, other people's scores) being settled under the guise of giving advice and critique.

Quote: Roodeye @ November 19 2009, 11:14 PM GMT

What I don't want is old scores (and, indeed, other people's scores) being settled under the guise of giving advice and critique.

Don't do it yourself then. Keep a level playing field. As to old scores you have only been here a short while.

What do you want then? By the way I really liked the sketch.

Quote: Marc P @ November 19 2009, 11:18 PM GMT

Don't do it yourself then.

That, my son, is a confession.

I rest my case.

Roodeye did you study the law with jim field?

I liked the sketch.
Good stuff!
:)

Quote: Roodeye @ November 19 2009, 11:23 PM GMT

That, my son, is a confession.

I rest my case.

Facts?

Quote: Griff @ November 19 2009, 11:07 PM GMT

Well if you think we're a self-serving cabal of ignorant arseholes, why are you bothering?

Again, it's the depths of snideyness, trouble-making and trolling to falsely and maliciously suggest I think any such thing or that I have ever expressed any such thoughts.

Quote: Griff @ November 19 2009, 11:23 PM GMT

Roodeye did you study the law with jim field?

Laughing out loud

I passed though here recently...

does that count?

Quote: Badge @ November 19 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

What do you want then? By the way I really liked the sketch.

Thanks, Badge.

On this (and other forums over the years) I've posted lots of comedy material. Sometimes it's been acclaimed as brilliant, sometimes it's been denounced as shite, oftentimes it's been deemed to be somewhere between those two extremes. That's life. I have no trouble living with it.

Like most other people here, I love comedy and I welcome any opportunity to improve my work. I therefore welcome any genuine criticism or suggested improvement.

What I don't welcome is criticism designed to sheath a personal attack - and these so often come in flurries like piranha in a feeding frenzy. It's almost as if someone sees three pages of approving critiques from people who've really enjoyed my sketch and they're so angry at my 'success' that they PM all their friends to organise a bit of bashing.

Some resentful people send libellous letters to production companies: others keep their resentment at home on this board and express it via snidey posts and fake critiques. Either way, it should stop - and the sooner the better.

Quote: Roodeye @ November 19 2009, 11:55 PM GMT

It's almost as if someone sees three pages of approving critiques from people who've really enjoyed my sketch and they're so angry at my 'success' that they PM all their friends to organise a bit of bashing.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Paranoia eats away at the soul, my friend. :(