British Comedy Guide

Jumper (a sketch) Page 2

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud good'n Rood

Quote: KJSmyling @ November 18 2009, 10:05 PM GMT

are we going to have a rash of suicide related sketches now?

Suicide is the new paedophilia... Pleased

Good sketch, nay great, Rood. But echo Mannikin Bird. If a woman is on a ledge with cops loudhailing her below, she's hardly going to indulging in chat with people in windows, or is she?. I've never been a witness at one of these events though... although I suspect I may have initiated a few.
:$

Quote: SlagA @ November 19 2009, 4:29 PM GMT

Good sketch, nay great, Rood. But echo Mannikin Bird. If a woman is on a ledge with cops loudhailing her below, she's hardly going to indulging in chat with people in windows, or is she?. I've never been a witness at one of these events though... although I suspect I may have initiated a few.
:$

These days I believe crowds gather to urge the jumper to leap, so that they can film it on thier mobiles and put it on YouTube. :(

It could make a very interesting You've Been Framed special....

Isn't there an episode of Cheers where Frasier Crane ends up out on a ledge threatening to kill himself? And I seem to remember the last ever episode of Father Ted started with a priest threatening to throw himself off a ledge.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2009, 4:34 PM GMT

Isn't there an episode of Cheers where Frasier Crane ends up out on a ledge threatening to kill himself?

As far as I remember Fraiser only goes out there to talk down his agent, who it turns out is only pretending to kill herself as a publicity stunt to showcase Frasier's prowess as a psychotherapist. And if I'm wrong I'm using that scene in my own sitcom.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 19 2009, 4:30 PM GMT

These days I believe crowds gather to urge the jumper to leap, so that they can film it on thier mobiles and put it on YouTube. :(

:O Bloody Norah. I think it's time for my trip to a Switzerland clinic; this world is rapidly becoming unrecognisable.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 19 2009, 4:40 PM GMT

As far as I remember Fraiser only goes out there to talk down his agent, who it turns out is only pretending to kill herself as a publicity stunt to showcase Frasier's prowess as a psychotherapist. And if I'm wrong I'm using that scene in my own sitcom.

If it's not the storyline, that's a decent idea. Colour me surprised, Bussell!

This story was so sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1065033/How-far-bounce--The-extraordinary-taunts-sick-ghouls-jeered-teenager-leapt-death.html

I'm sure people are becoming increasingly detatched.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 19 2009, 4:50 PM GMT

I'm sure people are becoming increasingly detatched.

We live in a cold and brutal world where people have lost the ability to empathise with their fellow man.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2009, 4:56 PM GMT

We live in a cold and brutal world where people have lost the ability to empathise with their fellow man.

Or as most of us prefer to call it, the BCG.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2009, 4:56 PM GMT

That's just Birmingham Chip.

Quote: Marc P @ November 19 2009, 4:58 PM GMT

That's just Birmingham Chip.

:D

(I don't live there, I'm like Snake Plissken - in and out!)

Quote: Griff @ November 19 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

Or as most of us prefer to call it, the BCG.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2009, 4:59 PM GMT

(I don't live there, I'm like Snake Plissken - in and out!)

Snake Plissken I heard he was dead?

Quote: Marc P @ November 19 2009, 5:00 PM GMT

Snake Plissken I heard he was dead?

:)