British Comedy Guide

Edward Woodward R.I.P. Page 4

OH GAAAWD!!! OH JESUS CHRIIIIST!!!

Think I'll have to watch The Wicker Man (yet again) tonight . . .

I hope they do lots of repeats of The Equalizer now.

Quote: Slippery Jack @ November 16 2009, 6:42 PM GMT

OH GAAAWD!!! OH JESUS CHRIIIIST!!!

Think I'll have to watch The Wicker Man (yet again) tonight . . .

You're lucky then that it is a very rewatchable film. It must be in my top 20 most watched movies along with Get Carter, The Swimmer, Dead Man's Shoes and A Bridge Too Far, and like these I never seem to get tired of watching it.

I think some of the appeal of The Wicker Man is the many of us wouldn't mind living in the highly-sexed Pagan community that is Summerisle. Especially as it's a place where you get to lose your virginity to Britt Ekland. Lovey

...and her nekkid dancing body double . . .

Only for the arse shot.

Sorry. Arse double . . .

:)

Was her own arse that horrible?

You're sending me off topic again . . .

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2009, 7:13 PM GMT

It turned men who saw it to stone I heard - even Sellers never saw it . . .

Yes she was in great shape back then, hadn't yet been rodgered to death by sex mad prima donna celebs. Saw her on TV a few weeks back and she still looks good for her age.

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2009, 7:13 PM GMT

No (in fact Britt complained that the body double had a "fat ass" compared with her own, which I think is rather unfair!). I just don't think she agreed to do full nudity for the film (probably money had something to do with it).

It's also been a constant point of debate as to whether or not her voice was dubbed, because the Scottish accent was so good. According to the film's director her voice actually wasn't dubbed for the dialogue (though it was always accepted that Annie Ross did the singing bits).

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 16 2009, 7:22 PM GMT

No (in fact Britt complained that the body double had a "fat ass" compared with her own, which I think is rather unfair!). I just don't think she agreed to do full nudity for the film (probably money had something to do with it).

Ha! What a nice lady...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mW8mBzmHo . . .

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 16 2009, 7:22 PM GMT

It's also been a constant point of debate as to whether or not her voice was dubbed, because the Scottish accent was so good. According to the film's director her voice actually wasn't dubbed for the dialogue (though it was always accepted that Annie Ross did the singing bits).

I believe Scandinavians can generally do very good Scottish accents.