British Comedy Guide

Beautiful People - Series 2 Page 2

To be fair to the 'stereotypes' accusation, this is supposed to be adapted from someone's memoirs, which only affords Jonathan Harvey a certain amount of creativity with the characters.

This show is dire, it really is.

Harvey is something of a hack. Can only write stereotypes? I'd agree with that, sure.

Quote: jim field @ November 17 2009, 12:21 AM GMT

dire

Yay! Thank you jim for not using the g word.

I once heard a very funny story about Jonathan Harvey and an actress at a script read-through. However, I can't tell you due to breaching confidentiality. Which sort of ruins the anecdote. Errr

Quote: zooo @ November 17 2009, 12:22 AM GMT

Yay! Thank you jim for not using the g word.

Gay? Gash? Gestarpo?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 17 2009, 12:33 AM GMT

I once heard a very funny story about Jonathan Harvey and an actress at a script read-through. However, I can't tell you due to breaching confidentiality. Which sort of ruins the anecdote. Errr

PM me?

Just seen the second episode... LOL fred and rose!

Jonathan Harvey piped new depths with the latest ep: quite dreadful.

Quote: jim field @ November 28 2009, 9:03 PM GMT

Jonathan Harvey piped new depths with the latest ep: quite dreadful.

"piped new depths"? Surely "plumbed new depths"? Errr

Both are acceptable. I'm keeping it fresh.

:D

Just caught up on episodes 2 and 3. Characteristically fabulous.

Loved the first series and didn't know this was on until recently. Kept missing it so just watching it on iPlayer now the whole way through.

Brilliant. Again, like the first series it's full of.....well.....stuff.........ok I lost my train of thought.

I would love it to get a 3rd series.

The 2 young leads are excellent actors as are the supporting cast.

Loved the Fred and Rose West bit, the dad falling through a window, the fit bloke shagging the girl on tape,the gay neighbours & letter to his mum to say he was gay. Also the Eurovision episode and the PA from Dana International - LEGEND!!!!!! the scene on the roof with the boy from his school was good.

Was putting off getting series 1 on DVD as I can't find it for under £20 but I will have to get it now, I forgot how much I loved it.

I LOVE this series! One of the best shows on the box at the moment. The lads that play Simon and Kylie will go far. To be honest I'm not looking at it in the hope it furthers the course of homosexual politics, I love it because it makes me laugh!

Quote: David Carmon @ December 19 2009, 5:54 AM GMT

Was putting off getting series 1 on DVD as I can't find it for under £20 but I will have to get it now, I forgot how much I loved it.

It's on play.com for £5.99

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6534867/Beautiful-People/Product.html]

Omg!!! Omg!!! Omg!!!! Omg!!!! Omg!!!!! Omg!!!!!!!!

Like Omg! Having to have a Beautiful People order session in the week now!

(Puts paper bag to face and takes deep breaths)

Just about to do series 2 on iPlayer again, before I take in Miranda for the last time until the DVD comes out!