British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 41

Thanks Chappers. Wave

Does that still count as the first episode?

It'll only technically be a first episode if, like said earlier, it's first day at work for someone, or if you spend the majority of the episode setting up the scene.

Anyone else biting their nails?

Quote: Griff @ January 14 2010, 10:29 PM GMT

We're all too busy fretting about Newsjack bushbaby. Why not send some sketches into that, take your mind off Sitcom Mission for a while?

I'm hopeless at sketches

Quote: bushbaby @ January 14 2010, 10:21 PM GMT

What nails? They went over Christmas (hosting in-laws).

Quote: bushbaby @ January 14 2010, 10:21 PM GMT

I got my rejection already, though I still ate my nails to absorb the nutrients. After a human heart, they are a close second.

Quote: henbast @ January 15 2010, 6:07 PM GMT

I got my rejection already

This true? Anybody else received such a thing?

Personally, I'm on tenterhooks for the next blog post, in which Carpark discovers his new arsehole.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 15 2010, 6:30 PM GMT

in which Carpark discovers his new arsehole.

I don't even know what this means?!! Should I be offended or not? (It is Kevin Murphy - and he is quite offensive - so I'll play it safe and assume he's calling me bad names). :O ;) :P

Speaking of Kevin Murphy and arseholes (weird how they keep appearing in the same sentences), you better get a new bum, because when you see how funny my script is, you'll shit yourself inside out from laughing.

Renegade Carpark - the Senokot of Comedy.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 15 2010, 7:50 PM GMT

I don't even know what this means?!!

Just a callback to a few pages ago.

Quote: Declan @ January 7 2010, 1:11 PM GMT

I'll be doing a blog soon on ... and whether sending in Episode 1 to a sitcom writing competition that specifically states 'don't send us Episode 1' is a good idea.

Cheers, Dec

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 7 2010, 2:02 PM GMT

Not reading the bit about don't send Episode 1? *cough* Whistling nnocently

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 15 2010, 6:30 PM GMT

This true? Anybody else received such a thing?

Obv can't speak for others but I assure you I have one. My entry was TERRIBLE though, so that may have made judging somewhat easier.

Quote: henbast @ January 15 2010, 8:24 PM GMT

Obv can't speak for others but I assure you I have one. My entry was TERRIBLE though, so that may have made judging somewhat easier.

Oh, well, better luck next time. Thanks for the intel.

Does that mean that everyone else has got through?

Hi guys

We're sending out rejections as we go with the remainder going out today, we've narrowed it down to about 60 and we'll hopefully get it down to 32 by early next week but we'd rather spend time on it and get it right than rush it.

Sorry to keep you all on tenterhooks.

Cheers, Dec

It's OK. I'm expecting rejection as I'm used to it.

Just got my rejection... Anybody know when the next stage sitcom competition happens?