British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 39

Lucky you Jane. I wouldn't be able to see more than one as I live up't north but I do hope to attend one of them, I'd like to watch the final one in May but that's such a long time off!
If by chance my entry was selected, I'd be there of course on which ever night :D

Quote: Jane P @ January 7 2010, 8:34 AM GMT

Hence my new sitcom "A world without chairs".

So well done to Simon and Dec in this new venue which I hear has much improved views!

Hello Dolly. Wave

Laughing out loud

Morning Jane. Are you exepected to get into work today or not?

I submitted a sitcom about a family of stilt walkers to get over the chair problem. It's called To The Stilt and follows the hilarious consequences of the stilt-wearing Stein family as they try to pass through doorways, visit old cottages, that sort of thing.

With you usual stilted dialogue?

oooops forgot the :)

Quote: Marc P @ January 7 2010, 9:52 AM GMT

oooops forgot the :)

Not mention the Rolling eyes

Quote: Marc P @ January 7 2010, 9:52 AM GMT

Angry

:D

You notice I wrote in dialect with that you as well, deliberately dropping the 'r';
What a clown!

Quote: Marc P @ January 7 2010, 10:17 AM GMT

You notice I wrote in dialect with that you as well, deliberately dropping the 'r';
What a clown!

I thought you were trying to get down with the kids. :)

Yo.

:)

Quote: Marc P @ January 7 2010, 10:22 AM GMT

Yo.

:)

I though that said 'ho' for a second there....

What is the cut off age for using such terms? ;)

I believe a white Santa went into south side Philly over Christmas said Yo Ho Ho and got shot.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 7 2010, 8:43 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

Morning Jane. Are you exepected to get into work today or not?

I submitted a sitcom about a family of stilt walkers to get over the chair problem. It's called To The Stilt and follows the hilarious consequences of the stilt-wearing Stein family as they try to pass through doorways, visit old cottages, that sort of thing.

:D

Yep, I'm at work despite the treacherous conditions outside and having no heating at work for two days! It's not easy typing with gloves on!

I've just cancelled my guitar lesson because of the snow :)

Hi guys

Just been to the venue - all very exciting.

We have - get this - RAKED SEATING! So you can have characters sitting on the floor, or lying down dead, and the back row can see them.

The performance area is sizeable (I think it was 27' wide) and the cast enter from back stage right, so no need for them to sit on steps and mingle with any latecomers.

There's also a dressing room and a green room with a garden, so the cast of each sitcom can hang around together.

There's a bar area and a cafe for the public, and it's all within walking distance of Warren St tube (Euston and Kings Cross for our Northern chums).

There'll be photos up on the New Diorama website next week.

In the meantime, have fun, I'll be doing a blog soon on the benefits of spelling (which the vast majority of writers think is optional) and whether sending in Episode 1 to a sitcom writing competition that specifically states 'don't send us Episode 1' is a good idea.

Cheers, Dec

I'll be your mate. How much do you pay?

I'll be launching a contest to find the best mates. I'm predicting 100s of entries, but I'll need to whittle it down to about 50 or so "really authentic looking" mates. :P

And now with the raked seating, even the short mates can apply!

Dan