British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 34

Quote: morgills1 @ December 31 2009, 12:58 AM GMT

Can't afford that! Missed the deadline I believe anyway.

I've posted a rough edit of my entry in the Critique forum if anyone is interested in telling me how bad they think it is...

Deadline is tomorrow night and there's no fee to enter. Email it

Quote: bushbaby @ December 31 2009, 1:22 AM GMT

Deadline is tomorrow night and there's no fee to enter. Email it

I wrote the script expressly for the competition. Will refine it a bit and submit tomorrow sometime.

Mine's in! Complete re-write and new title. ...feel a bit sick. Good luck to all!

All 2.5 of my entries are in (the .5 is a collaboration with another writer), so now I can get rejected two and half times more then most of you.

As is customary, I will wish all the participants the best of luck with their entries - even though I'm smiling through gritted teeth with flecks of spittle on the corners of my mouth as I say it.

For any new people on here, if your script does get selected and it's going to be performed, then please let us know. The BCG crew are very supportive and will pay money to come and see your entry (oo-er!).

Optimistic platitude meant to convey fair play, the spirit of competition and a meritocritous result!!!

My two x .5 entries are in - ie both co-written.

I concur with Mr Carpark. Good luck to you all (provided there aren't more than 30 of you on here). And I'll also go support BCGers even if I'm not involved.

Perhaps next time we should arrange to write one between us all - with 30 plus co-writers we're guaranteed a hit. ;)

Jx

ps Good luck also to Simon and Dec in reading them all! :S

Quote: Jane P @ December 31 2009, 12:39 PM GMT

I concur with Mr Carpark. Good luck to you all (provided there aren't more than 30 of you on here). And I'll also go support BCGers even if I'm not involved.

Perhaps next time we should arrange to write one between us all - with 30 plus co-writers we're guaranteed a hit. ;)

Jx

FYI - I read Profiles, though I've not been brave enough to write one of my own yet.

I'm in.

Good luck and happy new year, all!

Quote: Jane P @ December 31 2009, 12:39 PM GMT

Jx

why did you not enter, Jane?

Quote: bushbaby @ December 31 2009, 1:56 PM GMT

why did you not enter, Jane?

She did: if you read her post she entered 2 sitcoms (both co-written with her writing partner/s).

I sent something in too despite being quite a busy time of year, written with the help of whisky and diet coke. :)

W00t. Got mine in just now (TWSS). Wondering what the average amount of time spent on an entry was? Perhaps be worth people posting them if they get through...

Quote: Elise B @ December 31 2009, 2:02 PM GMT

She did: if you read her post she entered 2 sitcoms (both co-written with her writing partner/s).

Oh right, sorry, I'm obviously behind with reading posts :D

Quote: Elise B @ December 31 2009, 2:38 PM GMT

W00t. Got mine in just now (TWSS). Wondering what the average amount of time spent on an entry was? Perhaps be worth people posting them if they get through...

I like that idea.

Well done me - I can't even manage a coherent post, what chance do I have with a script!?

Sorry BB yes, as pointed out I co-wrote two this year which I think counts as one which is fair. :)

And Empty - get that profile sorted even if it's just so I can be nosy and see what comedy you like.

I've met and chatted to so many lovely BCGers this year - I want you all to get through!

:)

I have not entered. Just thought I'd let everyone know.