British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 28

Just read the new Sitcommission blog entry about Eric Chappell - wow, you met him Declan? Does he still write? Really good advice on there too.

Quote: Ennie @ December 11 2009, 12:16 AM GMT

Just read the new Sitcommission blog entry about Eric Chappell - wow, you met him Declan? Does he still write? Really good advice on there too.

Good blog chaps! Nice one.

Isn't the feedback supposed to have been sent before today? Anyone waiting for theirs?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 14 2009, 4:25 PM GMT

Isn't the feedback supposed to have been sent before today? Anyone waiting for theirs?

Hello, and, yes, me, but I only sent it in middle of last week, so I haven't got my hopes up.

I'm waiting still. Sent on last day before deadline so should be soon. (I hope anyway, cos not much time for a complete rewrite!)

Dan

Sorry folks. We did a workshop in Manchester yesterday and were fully resolved to complete the final critiques on the way back. Sadly the coach (yep, we're that rich) was so packed that it was impossible to get a laptop out and write anything. Consequently we are slightly (only slightly) behind.

We've always assumed that today's deadline would expire at midnight tonight. We're trying to complete all critiques in time (without rushing them) and will now have them all done by lunchtime tomorrow (Tues).

Sincere apologies to the people we least want to piss off; our writers. We need you, your scripts and your goodwill.

If your Silver Feedback critique arrives a day late then I think it's only fair that for you few (and only you) that your deadline is also extended by the same time. So if we're a day late, your deadline's a day later.

Hope this helps.

Simon for Sitcom Mission.

Cheers Simon. That sounds fair. I don't envy you btw. :)

Quote: simon wright @ December 14 2009, 6:23 PM GMT

Sorry folks. We did a workshop in Manchester yesterday and were fully resolved to complete the final critiques on the way back. Sadly the coach (yep, we're that rich) was so packed that it was impossible to get a laptop out and write anything. Consequently we are slightly (only slightly) behind.

Just thought I'd weigh in with a quick 'thank you' to Simon and Declan (plus all the other attendees for an excellent workshop in Manchester yesterday. Well worth delaying everyone's feedback for.

;)

It really helped me to reconnect with why I like this writing for performance thing. Nice to meet Bushbaby too, and to see Chris again. Were any other attendees from the forum, we didn't really get much time to chat?

Thanks Simon.

Fair enough given the deadline extension thingy -- that's what I was more worried about! :)

Dan

Quote: Ponderer @ December 14 2009, 9:36 PM GMT

Just thought I'd weigh in with a quick 'thank you' to Simon and Declan (plus all the other attendees for an excellent workshop in Manchester yesterday. Well worth delaying everyone's feedback for.

;)

It really helped me to reconnect with why I like this writing for performance thing. Nice to meet Bushbaby too, and to see Chris again. Were any other attendees from the forum, we didn't really get much time to chat?

Yes it was just brilliant and I wish I could do a workshop every day.
It was nice meeting you too Ponderer. I missed Chris' script which I was so looking forward to, but I had to leave with John as he was giving me a lift back home. Did you all go for a meal?

Like to second that ponderer reminded me why I love writing as regards the meal we ran over and didn't have time

Quote: Spotland @ December 15 2009, 11:30 AM GMT

Like to second that ponderer reminded me why I love writing as regards the meal we ran over and didn't have time

Road kill?

I just went and had another look at the rules. (Yes, I know I should have checked these earlier.) Can I just clarify that if a script gets accepted, you'll then be asking for a second episode almost straight off - is that right? And neither of the episodes should be a pilot?

(Just call me easily confused writer.)

I think there may have been some changes on the second episode issue, I'm not sure but I think they said you can if you want to but the first one submitted will be the one performed. I think there was a choice I am sure someone will clarify.

They don;t want a pilot in the heavy handed expositional kind of way, where the new person joins and is introduced to everyone and their idiosyncracies (think phoneshop) but an episode where the characters are all up and running and their relationship established and we just get straight in with a story.

I think the second episode thing was more of a way of getting you to show it has legs (or making you *make* it have legs!)

Dan