British Comedy Guide

Best Software for Sketch Writing Page 2

I used the same BBC sitcom format on FD for sketch work, the same as I use for most sitcom scripts. Never had any complaints. :)

I always use ScriptSmart. It's neat.

Quote: Ben @ October 1 2009, 10:39 PM BST

It's neat.

Turk: Dude, the 1930's called and they want their lingo back!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ October 1 2009, 11:03 PM BST

Turk: Dude, the 1930's called and they want their lingo back!

I'd have preferred an Annie Hall quote, but that shall do!

"Keen"? "Peachy"?

I've found that hardly anybody gives a shit about standard script formatting. As long as it's readable and has clarity of scenes / dialogue etc, nobody seems to care. I used to submit everything in strict BBC shooting script style, with the large left column and all that stuff, but I actually had producers telling me not to do it because it's a pain in the arse to read on the computer screen. If it ever gets made it's all retyped by a secretary anyway.

But anyway, I hear Final Draft is pretty good. Pretty damn expensive too.

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 2 2009, 3:09 PM BST

I've found that hardly anybody gives a shit about standard script formatting. As long as it's readable and has clarity of scenes / dialogue etc, nobody seems to care. I used to submit everything in strict BBC shooting script style, with the large left column and all that stuff, but I actually had producers telling me not to do it because it's a pain in the arse to read on the computer screen. If it ever gets made it's all retyped by a secretary anyway.

But anyway, I hear Final Draft is pretty good. Pretty damn expensive too.

What Lee said.