British Comedy Guide

What YouTube video are you watching? Page 93

He does live in that world!
He likes it.

We all have this gun argument every month or so. And we all say the same stuff. It's weird that it can still get everyone (including me) quite irate! :)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 20 2010, 1:04 AM GMT

Say I'm in a post office, feeling a bit homicidal...

If I have a knife, baseball bat, frying pan, etc, I might take one or two people with me.

Would make a fascinating story, that.

'Man goes on killing spree with frying pan ...'

That couldn't not be funny. No matter how many people got hurt.

Quote: don rushmore @ December 20 2010, 1:08 AM GMT

Would make a fascinating story, that.

'Man goes on killing spree with frying pan ...'

People get murdered with frying pans all the time.

Never as part of a "spree" though.

Kinda my point.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 20 2010, 1:04 AM GMT

If I have a knife, baseball bat, frying pan, etc, I might take one or two people with me.

If I have a gun and sufficient ammo, y'all are going down. That's extra dead people that didn't need to be dead. That little old lady too. If somebody wants to kill lots of people, they can do it with a gun. They can't do it with most other weapons.

Have you seen what damage people can do with a machete or sword? Look at the massacres in Africa if you need a refresher. You can kill more people with a gallon of gasoline than you can with a handgun. And let's not forget that the 9/11 terrorists killed 3000 people with a few razor blades.

Maybe you think that all people should be equipped with guns permanently, to deter the real nutters from shooting them.

I don't want to live in that world. A world where everybody I meet is my potential murderer.

I think that all sane, law-abiding people should be allowed to carry a weapon if they desire to do so. I already live in such a society and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't feel the slightest twinge of nervousness when I'm in public even though I know that a decent percentage of the population is armed. It actually makes me feel safer because I know that they are trained, dependable and will only use their weapon in the appropriate circumstances.

P.S. Defending yourself isn't murder. And let's not forget that everyone you meet is your potential murderer. He/she can push you into traffic, smash your skull with a brick or throttle you with his/her bare hands. But only a small percentage of people are actually homicidal murderers and the best we can hope for is to be sufficiently armed that we can kill them before they can kill us.

let's not forget that everyone you meet is your potential murderer. He/she can push you into traffic, smash your skull with a brick or throttle you with his/her bare hands.

... attack you with a frying pan ...

Quote: DaButt @ December 20 2010, 1:20 AM GMT

Have you seen what damage people can do with a machete or sword? Look at the massacres in Africa if you need a refresher. You can kill more people with a gallon of gasoline than you can with a handgun. And let's not forget that the 9/11 terrorists killed 3000 people with a few razor blades.

I think that all sane, law-abiding people should be allowed to carry a weapon if they desire to do so. I already live in such a society and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't feel the slightest twinge of nervousness when I'm in public even though I know that a decent percentage of the population is armed. It actually makes me feel safer because I know that they are trained, dependable and will only use their weapon in the appropriate circumstances.

P.S. Defending yourself isn't murder. And let's not forget that everyone you meet is your potential murderer. He/she can push you into traffic, smash your skull with a brick or throttle you with his/her bare hands. But only a small percentage of people are actually homicidal murderers and the best we can hope for is to be sufficiently armed that we can kill them before they can kill us.

Okay. Fair enough. Right. Whatever.

Nothing personal (really, honestly, I've had this argument many times, in many places inside and outside the US, with many people from many countries and many US states, so it's genuinely not personal) but I'm glad I no longer live in your ridiculous country with your ludicrous values.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 20 2010, 1:34 AM GMT

I'm glad I no longer live in your ridiculous country with your ludicrous values.

Self-protection is such a fundamentally necessary right for all humans that I can't begin to fathom how people would argue against it.

And let's not forget that everyone you meet is your potential murderer.

Mark? Aaron? Might we use this as the strap line for the BCG message board?

. But only a small percentage of people are actually homicidal murderers and the best we can hope for is to be sufficiently armed that we can kill them before they can kill us.

I would genuinely rather be killed.

But of course I can say that having never been in that situation. I think I know how I'd react but you never can be sure.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 20 2010, 12:39 PM GMT

I would genuinely rather be killed.

You'd go down without a fight? Self-preservation is one of nature's strongest instincts.

What if it was your boyfriend or parents? Would yo fight to defend them?

Quote: DaButt @ December 20 2010, 2:47 PM GMT

You'd go down without a fight? Self-preservation is one of nature's strongest instincts.

What if it was your boyfriend or parents? Would yo fight to defend them?

Not without a fight certainly. Couldn't kill someone though.

Don't know about family etc. I couldn't begin to put myself in that situation.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 20 2010, 2:50 PM GMT

Couldn't kill someone though.

Don't know about family etc.

Dark!

This one Whistling nnocently

Whore.