British Comedy Guide

Favourite Hideaways

I there somewhere special you like to go or would like to go back too. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea but yours?

Mine is Clevedon. Just over the border from me and located between Portishead and Weston-Super-Mare. Used to take the kids to Weston then finish on a quieter note in Clevedon. It's where my son had his first stand up pee (so proud) and has a nice cafe with a short pier and a couple of pubs. It holds good memories for me and it's not that touristy.

That's pretty near(ish) me.

Dawlish for me, lots of great memories of family holidays there. Lovely little place with the little stream running down through it, black swans and eels. It's also within' spitting distance of Paignton, Torquay etc.

Lampeter. I did a postgrad course there and although there's f**k all to do there, I kind of enjoyed it and would love to go back.

Just about any Motel 6. Don't ask me why, I just can't get enough.

Hebden Bridge and Heptonstall. Ted Hughes country and home to some of my ancestors.

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2009, 1:25 PM BST

Lampeter. I did a postgrad there, I kind of enjoyed it and would love to go back.

What was her name, you old romantic?

The Priory.

Quote: Marc P @ July 29 2009, 1:30 PM BST

What was her name, you old romantic?

:$

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2009, 1:35 PM BST

:$

Has she anything to do with why you're listening to I Will Survive? :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 29 2009, 1:36 PM BST

Has she anything to do with why you're listening to I Will Survive? :)

I'm not listening to it anymore. It's finished.

So you haven't got it on a loop? :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 29 2009, 1:43 PM BST

So you haven't got it on a loop? :)

I hadn't heard it in ages and fancied listening to it. I listened to it. I now won't listen to it for another ages. :)

I have been to a small village with my girlfriend a few times call Edale, it's basically a large hamlet, but I really like it, it's quiet and although it's a little touristy it's not overwhelming.

Love to live there one day. When someone dies and the house isn't passed down to a family member.

Haven't really got one yet. :( Not one where I can stay over for the weekend or something like that, anyway.

I do love country parks, forests and woods though. If I can't hear civilization, I'm normally happy.

Grayling, Michigan. It's a small town in the northern part of the state. My grandparents had a cabin there and we spent most of my childhood vacations there. Quiet, peaceful, full of wildlife and the fishing was excellent. My parents and I went back there a couple years ago for the first time since the early seventies.