British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 809

Looking at the fixtures for tomorrow I see that there's a friendly between Uruguay and Guatemala.

Does such a thing exist as a friendly involving Uruguay?

Its early doors Brian
But I see Wrexham are in second place in league one so 3 promotions in a row is not beyond the realms of money

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st September 2024, 7:48 PM

Its early doors Brian
But I see Wrexham are in second place in league one so 3 promotions in a row is not beyond the realms of money

Oh I hope not because it is all about money. They'll be re-demanding matches played in the USA which should NEVER happen.

Yes hopefully they can keep that quarantined to pre season matches
But you never know,
I mean what on earth are they doing with the European competitions this season
I gather it's to have more big matches or more variety of big matches, it might work well for all I know, but it's weird

Dunno whether this is good or the kiss of death....................

"Recently, Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer have focused on Ipswich's chances of surviving, and they have given supporters optimism.

In a recent interview with the podcast "The Rest Is Football," Lineker examined Ipswich's prospects of surviving promotion in comparison to other teams that have been promoted.

"Kieran McKenna did a fantastic job, in my opinion. It is extremely challenging to get two promotions in a row and to attempt to adjust to life in the Premier League.

"They have given him support and invested a small sum of money, as is required of promoted teams in order to have any hope of surviving." I believe that Ipswich, along with my own club Leicester, appear to be the most likely of the three promoted teams that I have watched thus far.

Shearer, Lineker's podcast co-host, chimed in next, expressing agreement with his fellow ex-England star.

Their season officially began last weekend, isn't that right? For Liverpool and City, the first two were an absurdly difficult start. I think that based on what I've seen in the first three games, they have the best chance of survival regardless of who they have faced."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th September 2024, 3:55 PM

Dunno whether this is good or the kiss of death....................

"Recently, Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer have focused on Ipswich's chances of surviving, and they have given supporters optimism.

In a recent interview with the podcast "The Rest Is Football," Lineker examined Ipswich's prospects of surviving promotion in comparison to other teams that have been promoted.

"Kieran McKenna did a fantastic job, in my opinion. It is extremely challenging to get two promotions in a row and to attempt to adjust to life in the Premier League.

"They have given him support and invested a small sum of money, as is required of promoted teams in order to have any hope of surviving." I believe that Ipswich, along with my own club Leicester, appear to be the most likely of the three promoted teams that I have watched thus far.

Shearer, Lineker's podcast co-host, chimed in next, expressing agreement with his fellow ex-England star.

Their season officially began last weekend, isn't that right? For Liverpool and City, the first two were an absurdly difficult start. I think that based on what I've seen in the first three games, they have the best chance of survival regardless of who they have faced."

And they've now loaned us a second player so I hope they don't get short of players.

When did all this nonsense about singing the National Anthem start.? Don't remember Alf Ramsey standing there belting out the National Anthem.

No-one sung the National Anthem back then. Stand up, yes (unless you were quick enough to get out of the cinema in time to avoid it) but sing? No.

My team Bolton has had absolutely ridiculous luck with injuries in the last five years or so - it's beyond a joke

So obviously one of our new strikers got stamped on making his debut and is out for months - that's par for the course, to expected

Then one of our defenders who was already out injured- falls down the f**king stairs at home and breaks his toe - yep ok

But this week takes the bastard biscuit

One of our other strikers ruled himself out of the squad with a back injury- caused by when he did an extra large, violent sneeze

Oh piss off!

Well, I'd call that a result for The Town against Brighton at home, and another point 😁

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th September 2024, 11:51 PM

Well, I'd call that a result for The Town against Brighton at home, and another point 😁

I'd call it a result too. A win is a result, a draw is a result and a defeat is a result.