British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 808

But what did he do? The BBC are under a cloud with their covering up of deviants.
Sacked with immediate effect makes you wonder.

He's now saying that he accepts that he fell below the standard of responsibility required of a member of the BBC.

And that's a pretty low bar.

Aston Villa v Arsenal kick off delayed due to communication problems.

Went to see Tottenham Everton today
Fantastic new stadium, first time I've been. decent game as well

Everton had a 15 minute spell, but they could be in trouble this season, they didn't offer much

If you had a bet on Everton to be relegated this season with Paddy Power, they have paid out.
They say it's to save you the bother of waiting.

I've always had a soft spot for Ipswich but seeing Sheeran there made me think otherwise.

6-2.
That was fun.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th August 2024, 10:56 AM

I've always had a soft spot for Ipswich but seeing Sheeran there made me think otherwise.

Aww and Boo

You now won't get a ride on my little grey Fergie

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th August 2024, 10:57 PM

Aww and Boo

You now won't get a ride on my little grey Fergie

I'm sure Andrew won't allow that.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th August 2024, 11:07 PM

I'm sure Andrew won't allow that.

What a dirty mind you have - as if I meant that ✝️

This should probably go in the RIP thread as well but I see that Sven has passed away.

Despite the two game's results so far, I think The Town have done very well - must have been a helluva shock at the Etihad when our man Szmodics opened up the scoring after just 7 minutes.

Got them out of the way - it's all upward and onward now!

Quote: Chappers @ 26th August 2024, 1:21 PM

This should probably go in the RIP thread as well but I see that Sven has passed away.

Yes RIP Svennis

in Hindsight his England Tenure isn's quite as bad as the press made out at the time
After Keegan flouncing Sven kept England punching with the big boys and qualified for every tournament,not a given back then
But mostly remembered as a gentleman, and a nice man,also a bit of a football genius

RIP Sven and thanks for the great games and great memories

Good League Cup win for the real Dons at Plough Lane last night.

What with..........

Arsenal 1 Brighton 1
Everton 2 Bournemouth 3
Leicester 1 Villa 2
Etc. etc.

I'm quite happy with The Town's draw at home, which lifts them out of the bottom 3 - onwards and upwards