British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 806

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th August 2024, 12:30 PM

If you go to a Sheffield Utd match wearing a fake club shirt you will be removed and possibly banned.

That was Wednesday I think - Sheffield Wednesday.

No, they play Saturday..

The thing is though how are they going to check these shirts? Make them take them off? Check the labels and tags? Ridiculous.

Exactly. There are so many ridiculous news items at the moment. No swearing if you visit Margate - or it's £100 fine.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th August 2024, 3:48 PM

Exactly. There are so many ridiculous news items at the moment. No swearing if you visit Margate - or it's £100 fine.

And let's be honest - it's hard not to swear when you visit Margate.

I see Ipswich have signed a couple of players including Kalvin Phillips on loan.

They're back on their knees I see.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2024, 8:04 PM

I see Ipswich have signed a couple of players including Kalvin Phillips on loan.

Well, they've got to do summat

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th August 2024, 9:48 PM

They're back on their knees I see.

Wha? I've read that three times now and can't see the logic

The 'taking the knee before the match starts. It pleases the left.

First home game of the season at my team after being relegated from the league and I'm not looking forward to it. A completely new team - only 2 still there from last season - and instead of standing next to the railings which we've been able to do for 125 years (Me personally only 60 years) they have new rules and regulations. I'm really not looking forward to it although I bought my season ticket before relegation was confirmed.

I feel the same way about going to the dentist.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th August 2024, 6:36 AM

OMG Give it a f**kin' rest! Just banal now and lost its meaning. I can just see and hear youngsters at these matches..............

Little Harry: "Daddy, why are they down on one knee?"

Daddy: "Well son, they're idiots, but it makes them feel good and saintly"

Well, it 's shit or bust, so might as well get the big boys over with first - Liverpool at Portman Road, lunchtime

Up the Town!

Just spoke to a chap going to the pub to watch the match, as he tells me tickets are changing hands at £1,000 outside Portman Road

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th August 2024, 6:36 AM

And annoys the right.
Win/Win