British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 804

Successful teams often inspire different ways to play the game. With 2 exceptional wingers let's hope that more teams try to play this way instead of the pissing about football we've been getting used to.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th July 2024, 7:37 AM

Successful teams often inspire different ways to play the game. With 2 exceptional wingers let's hope that more teams try to play this way instead of the pissing about football we've been getting used to.

That's exactly how I feel - I've maintained for years that a team without two really good wingers is going nowhere.

Seen it so many times in the past, and one that always impressed me who delivered was Clive Woods who played for Ipswich Town in the mid 70s

Williams is fantastic

I actually think consistently being the second best team in Europe is something to be proud of.

We're Buzz Aldrin.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th July 2024, 11:48 AM

We're Buzz Aldrin.

Was going to say, (like a certain team) but he is dead - still alive aged 94. Must be something in that Moon air

In yesterday's local rag "New Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer congratulated Ipswich Town on their promotion to the Premier League during his first Prime Minister's Questions yesterday."

So that's the kiss of death, then.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th July 2024, 3:14 PM

In yesterday's local rag "New Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer congratulated Ipswich Town on their promotion to the Premier League during his first Prime Minister's Questions yesterday."

So that's the kiss of death, then.

He's just trying to show that he's on the ball. He's an Arsehole supporter really so should applaud Visit Rwanda.

58 years of hurt?

The first weekend in August and the new season just a glint in the average supporter's eye (except in Scotland of course). BUT...

This weekend sees the start of the road to Wembley with 221 ties in the Extra Preliminary round of the FA Cup.

Littlehampton v Tooting & Mitcham 3pm Sunday. In case you were thinking of coming along.

Winners at home to Bexhill Utd or Faversham in a fortnight's time. And they say Premier League teams have too many games.

If it was at Tooting I might be tempted.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2024, 5:46 PM

If it was at Tooting I might be tempted.

Replay?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd August 2024, 8:13 PM

Replay?

Ae they still doing them?

Up to, and including, the 4th qualifying round I believe. When most of the players will have full time jobs to do before the evening replays. Then it becomes all too much for the full time professionals of the league clubs, once they join in.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd August 2024, 8:09 AM

Up to, and including, the 4th qualifying round I believe. When most of the players will have full time jobs to do before the evening replays. Then it becomes all too much for the full time professionals of the league clubs, once they join in.

Well at least it looks like the European clubs are starting to rebel against FIFA and all their plans to increase club competitions.