British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 801

The future is Orange - for Scottish fans.

Gary Lineker backs ex-Chelsea boss to replace Gareth Southgate as next England manager

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/gary-lineker-backs-ex-chelsea-boss-to-replace-gareth-southgate-as-next-england-manager/ar-BB1pxY7f?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ASTS&cvid=0e3ac510b7a447ddb2a30e8b0b147624&ei=16

🤣

I'm looking forward to Wednesday when the National League fixtures are finally released. After relegation Sutton cleared out about all but 3 of last seasons squad and recruited a completely new batch. No idea how they'll work together.

Bodes well:

"UEFA have appointed controversial German referee Felix Zwayer to officiate England's Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands in Dortmund.

Zwayer, 43, was involved in a match-fixing scandal in 2005 and was given a six-month ban.

He also took a two-month break from refereeing in 2021 following a controversial 'Der Klassiker' game at Signal Iduna Park between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga. Zwayer turned down Dortmund's appeals for a penalty before giving Bayern a spot-kick for a handball by Mats Hummels.

After that game, then-Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham questioned his officiating. Bellingham said: "You give a referee that has match fixed before, the biggest game in Germany. What do you expect?" Bellingham was fined £34,000 by the German Football Association for his comments."

Oh.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th July 2024, 2:19 PM

Bodes well:

Shit, for want of a better word

Depends how much we are prepared to pay him.

I'm sure Gareth could get up a good whip round amongst his millionaire players

It does make you wonder what UEFA are up to though.

Spain v France

Really good game

I really can't see England beating either of these if they do get to the final

Centre'arf, beyind, could of?
Can't Jermaine Jenas speak proper English?

"By the way..."

Spain have 2 brilliant wingers. If only we had players like that to stretch the play.

How overrated is M'bappe.

Blimey.
Spain are going to be a handful for whoever gets through.
Gulp!

Spain looking tasty