British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 798

I never really liked the guy and thought it was absolutely scraping the barrel when he was appointed

But it's results that matter and you can't argue with his record so far

Anyway, Pickford is very average and the defence isn't exactly world class

Midfield is great but Kane needs better service

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th June 2024, 10:45 AM

Wtf

His record for England is great

Better than Bobby Robson, Venables, Sven, Keegan

How many major finals did any of them reach?

None

Yes well, Alf's never been particularly happy when England managers have the temerity to have some success:

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd August 2017, 11:06 PM

And Haynes in for Stiles, the comparison in class between these two is laughable. Only the charmless dullard Ramsey would have discarded a player like Haynes in the first place.

You could have had others in like Callaghan... ...more skilful than Peters. Or the assured Venables in for Ball.

Ramsey's simple running up and down game plan with little width or creativeness. It was all about fitness and a manly pride thing to show the Germans.

Turkey v Czechs. Best game of the tournament by far.

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th June 2024, 10:45 AM

Wtf

His record for England is great

Better than Bobby Robson, Venables, Sven, Keegan

How many major finals did any of them reach?

None

Agree with that
But you never know if he's just in the right place at the right time talent wise
also Svens record isn't bad in hindsight, when you see what Keegan, Taylor and Mclaren did etc
And my old neighbour Venables reign was too short unfortunately and most of his tenure was friendlies, but he got the team playing lovely stuff at times
and I think he only lost one game in 90 minutes to Spain in a friendly
Both he and Hoddle were jettisoned too early for non football reasons when they seemed to be making great progress

Hope springs eternal with me. Southgate will have been stung by all the comments - even though he's still saying he'll do it his way.
There will be changes for Sunday and a resounding win. Ask Herc what the score will be, he's the expert at predicting results. He did win the Super 6 after all.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th June 2024, 8:00 AM

There will be changes for Sunday and a resounding win. Ask Herc what the score will be, he's the expert at predicting results. He did win the Super 6 after all.

๐Ÿ˜† 6 -0 to Accrington Stanley, with that nice Billy Wright scoring a hat trick

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th June 2024, 1:00 AM

Agree with that
But you never know if he's just in the right place at the right time talent wise
also Svens record isn't bad in hindsight, when you see what Keegan, Taylor and Mclaren did etc
And my old neighbour Venables reign was too short unfortunately and most of his tenure was friendlies, but he got the team playing lovely stuff at times
and I think he only lost one game in 90 minutes to Spain in a friendly
Both he and Hoddle were jettisoned too early for non football reasons when they seemed to be making great progress

Not as early as Allardyce!

"Phil Foden has temporarily left the England camp and returned to the UK for a pressing family matter," an FA statement read. Mirror Football understands he is returning home for the birth of his third child.

The England star has two children with his partner Rebecca Cooke. Son Ronnie was born in 2019, while Foden was still in his teens, while they welcomed a daughter in 2021.

Ronnie, who has become an Instagram celebrity with millions of followers, revealed in April that his parents were expecting a third child. The family posed with a sigh reading 'Baby Foden', with a photo shared to Ronnie's Instagram account".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/fifa_world_cup/phil-foden-leaves-england-s-euro-2024-camp-to-return-to-uk-as-fa-release-statement/ar-BB1oWgkG?cvid=9c8c1c1af13d4249b0a3ebc74312c646&ei=7

An Instagram celebrity with millions of followers? At 5 years old?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th June 2024, 8:50 PM

"Phil Foden has temporarily left the England camp and returned to the UK for a pressing family matter," an FA statement read. Mirror Football understands he is returning home for the birth of his third child.

The England star has two children with his partner Rebecca Cooke. Son Ronnie was born in 2019, while Foden was still in his teens, while they welcomed a daughter in 2021.

Ronnie, who has become an Instagram celebrity with millions of followers, revealed in April that his parents were expecting a third child. The family posed with a sigh reading 'Baby Foden', with a photo shared to Ronnie's Instagram account".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/fifa_world_cup/phil-foden-leaves-england-s-euro-2024-camp-to-return-to-uk-as-fa-release-statement/ar-BB1oWgkG?cvid=9c8c1c1af13d4249b0a3ebc74312c646&ei=7

An Instagram celebrity with millions of followers? At 5 years old?

It just sums up the youth of today. Just imagine if they all had the vote.

Italy completely awful

๐Ÿ‘€

I wish we had them in the next round.
The Swiss are a bit handy.

Bloody Germans...

๐Ÿ˜’

Bloody VAR

๐Ÿคจ

I thought we were about to be mercifully relieved from any more suffering but, no, it's going on...