The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 796

Some unfair criticism on Southgate

His record for England to date is very good

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st June 2024, 11:05 AM

Some unfair criticism on Southgate

Nope

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th June 2024, 10:45 PM

I don't know what was up with the pundits tonight
England could have played better, but two games in and they've practically qualified for the knockouts with a game to spare , which doesn't happen often.
Once again, many people seem to think that England are Brazil 1970 waiting to happen or something, and Alan Shearer seems to forget some of the stinkers he's been involved in.

As usual England are a team with decent players, who don't play like much of a team, but are hard to beat
It won't come home , but we won't go down without an excuse

Do you actually listen to the pundits? I turn it on just before kick-off. Make a drink and go to the loo at half time and switch it off at the end of the game.

First disputed VAR decision of the tournament and the first unacceptably long decision making process. And, of course, it's an English set of officials.

'Wake up Sir Edward, they need a decision.
What old boy, who? What?
There's been a goal Sir Edward and we don't have a clue and you played for the Eton 2nd 11
And a fine Captain I made too, beat Trinity 3 - 0 don't you know.
Watch the video replay Sir Edward, there's a man standing awfully close to the chap that tries to stop the balls going in the nets.
Where's me blasted monocle? Ah, here it is, now let me see.
Time is ticking on Sir Edward.
The bounder is definitely off side, no goal.
That's not the issue Sir Edward.
No goal!
OK.
ZZZzzZZZ

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st June 2024, 10:03 PM

First disputed VAR decision of the tournament and the first unacceptably long decision making process. And, of course, it's an English set of officials.

Exactly what I was going to say. Incompetent. And all the other decisions have been sorted out quickly but this just dragged on. They should be kicked out of the competition.

10th minute of injury time...

Oh dear

How sad

That was harsh.

Ah f**k em'

When I was a kid I always rooted for them

Then I grew up and realised they f**king detest us English with an absolute passion

They are a poor side anyway, final third was abysmal

Never mind, the Scotch will be able to support England now.

You can guarantee every jock will be cheering extra loudly for Slovenia on Tuesday.

Aww, that's not fair 😢

I wanted Croatia to win but I just KNEW Italy would get one at the end.

Incidentally why did Micah Richards (I did see some of the half time "experts") ask Rooney as a Manager "what would you do?"

He's achieved NOTHING as a Manager.

He should have asked Eniola but she wasn't there.
Her of the fame ' he's scored 19 goals in 40 games, that's nearly one per match'

STOP PRESS

England no need to try tonight, as Spain beats Albania leaving England to going through