British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 778

Mike Dean needs sacking TODAY

The former Premier League referee made a colossal revelation over a VAR error during the heated Chelsea-Tottenham encounter in Premier League last season.
Former Premier League referee Mike Dean has confessed that he "missed" a hair-pull incident in a match between Chelsea and Tottenham in the league last season. Dean, who was the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for the match, decided not to alert on-field referee Anthony Taylor because he did not want to cause any "grief."

I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view. It's one of them were if I had my time again, what would I do? I'd send Anthony to the screen. I said to Anthony afterwards: 'I just didn't want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game.' I didn't want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn't want to send him up because I didn't want any more grief than he already had," Dean told on Up Front podcast.

It's not about you or your f**king mates! Do your job or f**k off

VAR needs to be completely cancelled. It f**ks up everybody's enjoyment of the game. It causes as much conflict and makes as many mistakes as it clears up.

If it gets any worse, they'll be playing for half an hour extra time, or even longer

Goal line technology is fine

The rest is bullshit

Now there's a witch hunt against this head of Spanish football (though he does have his supporters) for sexual assault - WHA?

He gave her a quick peck - they talk as though he shoved his tongue down her throat or pulled her shorts down and had a quick grope.

The world is going mad and turning into one big farce - I despair.

A man kissed her....I'll say no more.

If you watch the video - she hugged him tight, then patted him after. She was laughing as she came away and opened her arms to the next dignitary.
It was probably not her that complained......

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th August 2023, 10:09 AM

It was probably not her that complained......

No, probably one of those "Me Too" brigade

A quick peck?

He held his body right up close to hers, grabbed her head with both hands tightly, then kissed her full on the lips like she was his wife

Hardly rape, but very very creepy and inappropriate

He didn't kill anyone and its all a bit OTT

But he is a slimey bald tosser !

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th August 2023, 10:36 AM

No, probably one of those "Me Too" brigade

Yeah them bloody women who can't put up with a bit of harmless sexual assault occasionally

How is it back in 1974 today by the way ??!

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2023, 12:10 PM

A quick peck?
He held his body right up close to hers, grabbed her head with both hands tightly, then kissed her full on the lips like she was his wife
Hardly rape, but very very creepy and inappropriate
He didn't kill anyone and its all a bit OTT
But he is a slimey bald tosser !

That is an utter load of your usual bollocks
As Stephen said, "she hugged him tight, then patted him after. She was laughing as she came away and opened her arms to the next dignitary."
It was all done in a very exciting heat of the moment - what should he have done then, waved at her from a distance - you do talk a load of crap sometimes

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2023, 12:10 PM

Yeah them bloody women who can't put up with a bit of harmless sexual assault occasionally
How is it back in 1974 today by the way ??!

Not that tired old response, yet again - change the record will yer, as it's boring

Why??

Just cos you hark back to the good old days when men could just get away with sexually abusing women like it was just some light hearted bit of fun?

"I only grabbed your arse, lighten up darlin "

Hey get used to it dinosaur- your time is gone and life isn't like a Benny Hill sketch anymore

😋

We still have eyes.
The complaint does not match the accusations.
I wouldn't do what he did in a million years but it is being treated on a level with rape.
An apology and a stern 'don't do that again would be more appropriate.

It is OTT

But his speech where he repeated about 8 times I WILL NOT RESIGN didn't show much humility or regret

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th August 2023, 12:57 PM

Why??

Just cos you hark back to the good old days when men could just get away with sexually abusing women like it was just some light hearted bit of fun?

"I only grabbed your arse, lighten up darlin "

Hey get used to it dinosaur- your time is gone and life isn't like a Benny Hill sketch anymore

😋

Wasn't a big fan of Benny Hill, so not sure what you are referring to - clearly you know more about being a dirty old man than I do, what with me being happily married now for 57 years, and all innocence. 🙄

And isn't it about time you got your dirty mac cleaned - women are starting to notice, and it make you easily identifiable.

It's that strange gesture emanating from the crotch region that worries me. Not sure what that was all about.

Well he seems to be a bit of a prick

I'm wondering if the players are pushing this so far is because he has form

He may have done and said other questionably pervy stuff in the past - and this incident is the chance they can use to get shot of the weirdo