British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 777

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th August 2023, 5:57 PM

10-1 ??

That's generous odds

I don't think they will, but still

I hope not too.

Watching the Women's game highlighted one of the bloody ridiculous refereeing decisions that are prevalent nowadays.

When a player is offside why don't they signal it straight away? An England player was clearly offside but they played on until a Columbia player got injured and had to go off. If the flag had gone up straight away she wouldn't have got injured. What benefit is there in playing on?

Sometimes they have to wait to see if the offside player was actually interfering with play....?

F**k knows anymore 😝

Alex Ferguson doing his Mrs Slocombe tribute act:

Appearing on NBC Sports on USA Network ahead of United's opening game against Wolves at Old Trafford, Ferguson was asked which team had impressed him most from the first round of games. He was unanimous in his response.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/sir-alex-ferguson-singles-out-fantastic-premier-league-team-despite-losing-first-game/ar-AA1fhRkN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d333d053a93f49c4bb3faab06720002f&ei=9

Watching the WC game between Australia and England I notice the crowd cheering is a semi-tone higher than normal.

Good result.
Spain are a bit handy, though.

They said that in 1588 too, look what happened to 'em. No match for Brighty's Blighty after that demolition of the Aussies.

Some great goals and a terrific pass to set up Englands third
Very entertaining game
They are a phenomenal team , I hope they can make it count on Sunday but it won't be easy Spain looked very dynamic in their Semi final
and gave England a good few problems at the Euros

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th August 2023, 11:10 AM

Alex Ferguson doing his Mrs Slocombe tribute act:

Appearing on NBC Sports on USA Network ahead of United's opening game against Wolves at Old Trafford, Ferguson was asked which team had impressed him most from the first round of games. He was unanimous in his response.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/sir-alex-ferguson-singles-out-fantastic-premier-league-team-despite-losing-first-game/ar-AA1fhRkN?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d333d053a93f49c4bb3faab06720002f&ei=9

Shows what a crap manager he would be.

Just watching Family Guy I saw Wrexham owner Ryan Reynolds for the first time. I see now that he is a TV star.

Not really good enough today - disjointed.
Spain weren't brilliant - I think it would have been more if they had been.
Still - bloody good run.

Yes they looked a bit tired to me, apart from the keeper who was magnificent again and Hemp who was given too much to do on her own. The midfield didn't turn up today. And the team with an extra day's rest won again, as they always do, which is a fault of the system and not a level playing field. And England always seem to be the team to lose that vital day, unbeaten until then. Surely should've been Spain this time having been thumped 4-0 in one game. And I agree they weren't far superior, just looked fresher.

Meh

Losing 0-4 at home to f**king Wigan was far far more distressing

England's men always let us down , why should the ladies be any different ?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th August 2023, 6:33 PM

Yes they looked a bit tired to me, apart from the keeper who was magnificent again and Hemp who was given too much to do on her own. The midfield didn't turn up today. And the team with an extra day's rest won again, as they always do, which is a fault of the system and not a level playing field. And England always seem to be the team to lose that vital day, unbeaten until then. Surely should've been Spain this time having been thumped 4-0 in one game. And I agree they weren't far superior, just looked fresher.

No-one seems to have mentioned that the goalkeeper was halfway to the edge of the six yard box when she saved the penalty.

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th August 2023, 7:48 PM

Meh

Losing 0-4 at home to f**king Wigan was far far more distressing

Wigan would be top if they hadn't had a points deduction.