British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 776

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2023, 5:59 PM

You've totally lost me there.

I thought I'd made myself quite clear!

At last, I can put me blue and white striped shirt on and sit and watch the footie on Saturday afternoon.
My days of traipsing to Plymouth are long over but a tenner on iFollow will do nicely.

The 2023/24 FA Cup gets underway this weekend with the Extra Preliminary Round.

Littlehampton are at home to Erith & Belvedere 3pm Sunday (the ground being used for cricket on summer Saturdays). The winners are at home to Sporting Bengal Utd (no me neither) or Stansfield (Lisa will be pleased) in the Preliminary round in two weeks' time.

I remember the olden days when Sutton United had to play qualifying rounds.

So Sutton United start their third season in the fourth division laughingly called League 2. Home to Notts County. I can't wait.

Well, that was a waste of £10.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th August 2023, 4:54 PM

The 2023/24 FA Cup gets underway this weekend with the Extra Preliminary Round.

Littlehampton are at home to Erith & Belvedere 3pm Sunday (the ground being used for cricket on summer Saturdays). The winners are at home to Sporting Bengal Utd (no me neither) or Stansfield (Lisa will be pleased) in the Preliminary round in two weeks' time.

Littlehampton 0 Erith & Belvedere 6 in case you were wondering.

I've spent more enthralling Sunday afternoons.

Donald Trump blames the shock exit of USA from the world Cup- on "crazy Joe Biden"

Stupid tangerine twat!

They wouldn't sing the national anthem. Rapinoe took a knee while black girls didn't - and she missed her pen.
laughable really.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th August 2023, 11:05 AM

They wouldn't sing the national anthem. Rapinoe took a knee while black girls didn't - and she missed her pen.
laughable really.

They're still keeping that charade up in the Football League although my team always refuse to do it.

And didn't the girls do well. I thought Lauren was having a bad game and should've been subbed before the red card.

I think she was getting pissed-off with not getting the ball.
I thought they were a bit lucky TBH.
Repeatedly muscled off the ball, surrounded by two+ opposition at all times - but failing to get it into the spaces that inevitably left open.
The few times we played one-touch, quick release we had some joy.
A scrappy win, with the cross-bar getting MOTM
But a win is, as they say, a win.

Hey it's Putters
Back like a Cockerel in an Ash tray

Hello There

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th August 2023, 12:21 AM

Hey it's Putters
Back like a Cockerel in an Ash tray

Hello There

Hahahaha Wave

I've just put my customary £10 on Manchester United to win the league at 10-1. I just hope I don't win!

10-1 ??

That's generous odds

I don't think they will, but still