British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 19

What kind of comedy do people in this thread write then? We like mixing the surreal with the normal everyday things and habits of people and everyday life

Grahem Lineham is my sitcom writing hero. I'd say I'm heavily inspired by Father Ted, IT Crowd, Black Books when I sit down to write my own sitcom.

I love the ability to be able to drop in random (yet relevant) images and cutaways and get away with it too.

Quote: Leevil @ September 1 2009, 6:55 PM BST

Grahem Lineham is my sitcom writing hero. I'd say I'm heavily inspired by Father Ted, IT Crowd, Black Books when I sit down to write my own sitcom.

I love the ability to be able to drop in random (yet relevant) images and cutaways and get away with it too.

Obviously though there is no place for random images and cutaways in the Sitcom Trials.

Quote: Chappers @ September 1 2009, 8:31 PM BST

Obviously though there is no place for random images and cutaways in the Sitcom Trials.

And that's why I struggle so.

Quote: Chappers @ September 1 2009, 8:31 PM BST

This is SO not true.

Quote: Marc P @ September 1 2009, 8:41 PM BST

This is SO not true.

OK then. If you say so. You obviously have something you think you can stage.

Quote: Chappers @ September 1 2009, 8:44 PM BST

OK then. If you say so. You obviously have something you think you can stage.

No.

Quote: MarkB @ August 26 2009, 2:40 PM BST

Hello again,

Just emailed my script off. Just wondering whether we get received confirmation replies? I'm always paranoid about the internet eating my mails.

A-thank-you.

M.

Good question, Mark. I sent off my script a month ago *polishes apple* and am wondering if anyone has received any form of receipt.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 2 2009, 10:45 AM BST

Good question, Mark. I sent off my script a month ago *polishes apple* and am wondering if anyone has received any form of receipt.

We've not been sending out automated responses because every script is checked as it comes manually to ensure there aren't any immediate problems, however that does mean that we've not been acknowledging receipts in any way. This is something that will change in future years, as I realise that the not-knowing can be unsettling.

However, our email system is pretty robust, so unless you sent it to the wrong address or it's bounced back to you, you can assume we've got it.

Mines sent :)

Quote: Bam! @ September 2 2009, 11:32 PM BST

Mines sent :)

"Bam!"

Quote: Leevil @ September 3 2009, 12:21 AM BST

"Bam!"

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Bring on Sunday 11:59.

I'm still staring at a blank page. Teary

To quote bucks fizz indecision has taken me from behind. I have written a script purpose built for this, it was far more gag packed than the stuff I like or ussually write. Am unsure whether to bugger it and write a bleak and subtle Human Remainsesque script with no action whatsoever.