British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 12

Whenever you send stuff off, it's always best to print your name and contact details in the top right hand corner of (preferably) every page. Although someone should probably verify this.

Just email your script and I'm sure, with your contact details they can "contact" you and ask for more information if necessary.

If you need to add anything else, like a synopsis, then you probably need to go back and rewrite. Your script should sell itself. :)

Quote: Leevil @ August 20 2009, 10:51 AM BST

Whenever you send stuff off, it's always best to print your name and contact details in the top right hand corner of (preferably) every page. Although someone should probably verify this.

I'll verify against this. It looks naff. Just a title page with your name and contact details on it is best for most submissions.

OK, fair enough. I was just trying to get the point across that apart from the script itself, just add contact details.

Quote: Leevil @ August 20 2009, 10:55 AM BST

OK, fair enough. I was just trying to get the point across that apart from the script itself, just add contact details.

That's alright Leevil. No points have been deducted. I also highly recommend that you don't put a copyright symbol on anything either.

:D

But it makes it look PRO! :O

Teary

©

Quote: Leevil @ August 20 2009, 11:10 AM BST

©

©The Leicester Square Theatre

That kind of thing?

:D

Laughing out loud

I have never been to a sitcom trials (I live in the less exuberant north), I have seen the clips on YouTube from the TV show but I was wondering whether they tended to favour a certain style of sitcom. I have written a sitcom trials script involving wrist slashing and I know they have dealt with this theme a fair bit in sitcom (notably the Peep Show) but I am wondering whether this would be too much for a sitcom trails sitcom.

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 20 2009, 2:48 PM BST

I have never been to a sitcom trials (I live in the less exuberant north), I have seen the clips on YouTube from the TV show but I was wondering whether they tended to favour a certain style of sitcom. I have written a sitcom trials script involving wrist slashing and I know they have dealt with this theme a fair bit in sitcom (notably the Peep Show) but I am wondering whether this would be too much for a sitcom trails sitcom.

Not if you can manage the special effects.

there wil be no special affects. I am a firm beleiver in method acting

My script is going to be about a middle aged man trying to write a comedy script. Will I get extra points for irony?

Just make it funny and clear in the 10 or so pages. That's where I'm having difficulty.

For those who want to see their scripts read out by professional actors, so they can hone them with one week to go before the closing date, we're running a Reviewing Your Script workshop on Saturday August 29 at the Punch Tavern in Fleet Street.

Cost is £40, and there's no better way to improve your chances of getting in the Yes Pile.

Email us at info@every1sacritic.com for further details and to reserve a place.

We can't guarantee to tell you how the options clause works, though.

Cheers

Declan and Simon