British Comedy Guide

I hate David Walliams Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ July 4 2009, 1:58 PM BST

No.

Right ok.

I have wondered this- who runs this sight?

Or, who set it up?

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 1:59 PM BST

Ta again.

:D

You and Stephen Fry would lock horns I reckon...

Quote: Scottidog @ July 4 2009, 2:01 PM BST

Lovely stuff. Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 2:02 PM BST

Lovely stuff. Laughing out loud

*lol

Tim, please.

Laughing out loud

site...ahem.

You and Stephen Fry would lock horns I reckon...

Two noble stags engaged in battle, in a dance as old as time?

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 2:03 PM BST

Two noble stags engaged in battle, in a dance as old as time?

That would be immense.

It would be pure brain box carnage.

I fear you grossly overestimate me, Scotti. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 2:09 PM BST

I fear you grossly overestimate me, Scotti. :(

Ah no Tim.

i wanted to believe it.

I was hoping to have facts on sea mammals and space and that...

'I love Litlle Britain'.. ;)

Right ok.

Or, who set it up?

Mark set up the site. I set up the message board.

I can do a theoretical space fact.

Light from our sun takes around 8 minutes to reach Earth.

Imagine if our sun suddenly just disappeared. Vanished without a trace.

Under Newtonian laws, the effect of removing the sun would be instantaneous on Earth, as the sun's gravtitational effect would be immediately removed. The Earth would shoot out of orbit into the depths of space.

However, under Einsteinonian physics, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Therefore, just as light "information" takes 8 minutes to reach the Earth, so too must gravity. Gravity "information" cannot travel faster than the speed of light. So if the sun suddenly vanished, the lack of gravitational effect would also not be felt for 8 minutes (before the Earth spun off into space).

Now, with the advent of quantum physics suggesting remote particles can transfer information (such as the spin of an electron) at vast distances faster than the speed of light, this means that the Eiseinonian version of what happens when the sun disappears may be wrong. But that's another story. It involves the ability to travel faster than the speed of light.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 2:33 PM BST

It involves the ability to travel faster than the speed of light.

I did that, last Wednesday. Not sure how though? But at the time, I was holding a toilet brush and singing along to Wet, Wet, Wet's Love Is all Around Me. I've since tried to recreate these conditions, but I seem to be missing something.

I can do a theoretical space fact.

But can you draw ligers?

He was great to begin with, but yes, he's a total pain in the arse now and the main reason I didn't tune into 8 Out of 10 Cats last night.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 4 2009, 2:38 PM BST

But can you draw ligers?

I'm the best that I know of.
It's pretty much my favourite animal.

Imagine if our sun suddenly just disappeared. Vanished without a trace. Under Newtonian laws, the effect of removing the sun would be instantaneous on Earth. However, under Einsteinonian physics, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

Oo, I like that Tim.

I'm not really clued up on the notion but this seeming paradox possibly suggests that mass can't in reality be destroyed, to allow the paradox to occur in the first instance. Even if matter were somehow taken out of existence (via a black hole - and I'm not sure that's true annihilation) it would exist in another form (somewhere) that still exerts the same influence as it did when it was in our world.

For example, dark matter may not actually be a part of the universe we inhabit but an echo of structures and things within higher hidden dimensions and so beyond our ability to perceive. May being the operative word.

I'm a tigon man, myself. :)

Walliams can be very funny, I find. I was sick of Little Britain by a couple of episodes into series two, but series one was great, as is some of the work he did before Little Britain.