British Comedy Guide

I hate David Walliams Page 10

Quote: random @ July 4 2009, 10:28 PM BST

Is he?

Go to the forum index thingy and look at the newest user. It's 'Scottidog1'.
I hope this one isn't as rude to everyone.

Banned too I see.

I kinda of miss him. Made me feel the wit of the town for one thread.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 11:21 PM BST

I kinda of miss him. Made me feel the wit of the town for one thread.

You're very harsh on yourself. That gravity versus light thing was the cleverest thing I've seen since the ninth series of Two Pints of Lager and Packet of Crisps Please.

Laughing out loud

then again...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/9355/15

Hopefully he finds something better to do with his time. Then again maybe I should too considering I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading all that nonsense he was writing.

Yes, David Walliams plays up the campy gay thing a bit too much. 8 Out Of 10 Cats last night was a prime example of that. But there's no reason to launch into such an all consuming raving diatribe to the point where people are questioning whether the man had personally stabbed your cat to death or something.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 4 2009, 4:59 PM BST

And surely if gravity was limited by the speed of light then the ultimate fate of the universe must be the so-called 'Big Freeze', even allowing for the effects of dark matter?

Sorry, I know the majority of you find this really boring but can't resist it, love this stuff.

Dark matter vs dark energy, the big freeze vs the heat death of the universe.

I can't see the point of spending time and resources trying to figure out how the universe is going to eventually die. Long before that happens were going to be seriously f**ked by Andromeda when it collides with the Milky Way and rips our solar system to pieces.

Quote: hey_nonny @ July 5 2009, 8:41 AM BST

Sorry, I know the majority of you find this really boring but can't resist it, love this stuff.

Me too! :)

Quote: hey_nonny @ July 5 2009, 8:41 AM BST

I can't see the point of spending time and resources trying to figure out how the universe is going to eventually die. Long before that happens were going to be seriously f**ked by Andromeda when it collides with the Milky Way and rips our solar system to pieces.

That's as maybe, but I've got a bet on at Ladbrokes.

I thought he was brilliant in Spaced.

Who? Scottidog?

I haven't read all of this thread yet. Just wanted to wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

Whenever I see Walliams on a panel show line-up my heart sinks.

EDIT:

Ok, I've read the whole thread now, and my views have changed somewhat:

Suppose it will be possible, at some point in the future, to simulate an entire human mind in a computer. A hundred years from now, a thousand, whatever.

Bound to be, yeah?

Now, that given, further suppose it will be possible to simulate lots of these minds. Like, billions. And the environment these minds interact with.

You string together all these massively powerful planet-sized futuristic quantum computers and simulate the Earth, or even the whole solar system.

The simulations are accurate enough that the simulations clearly can't know that they're simulations.

If you accept this is theoretically possible, you then have to wonder whether we'll ever actually get around to building such a computer and running such a simulation.

We might do it as an historical exercise, for example, to discover what the historical Jesus was like, or what Kylie Minogue looks like on the toilet.

If you think we can and will run such a simulation, you then have to acknowledge that the chances that we are currently living in the real, original universe are only 50%. Two universes; we could be in either.

Then consider that should we run a second such simulation, the chances that we are currently living in the real universe drop to 33% or thereabouts.

A third simulation, it drops to 25%.

Maybe some aliens run some simulations too. It's a big old universe out there. Billions of galaxies, each containing billions of stars and trillions upon trillions of planets.

Chances are there are millions of advanced civilisations running such simulations already.

The number of simulated universes becomes enormous, and our chances of living in the real universe quickly become negligible.

Is it not horrifying to consider that, in all of these billions of potential universes, real and simulated, until the heat death of the universe itself, David Walliams will always be a cock.

:D

The only thing about running 'Universal' computer simulations is that they would require the power of an advanved quantum computer. A quantum computer by its very nature has to use more energy to calculate than it is fed with. It effectively accesses unseen dimensions and likely parallel universes. So a simulated universe would require the use of another universe to power it. What part is the computer, what part the simulation, and is the resultant universe real or simulated? :S

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 12 2009, 3:48 PM BST

:D

The only thing about running 'Universal' computer simulations is that they would require the power of an advanved quantum computer. A quantum computer by its very nature has to use more energy to calculate than it is fed with. It effectively accesses unseen dimensions and likely parallel universes. So a simulated universe would require the use of another universe to power it. What part is the computer, what part the simulation, and is the resultant universe real or simulated? :S

The simulation could be restricted to a single solar system, namely ours. Extra-solar influences such as galactic gravitation could be inferred and extrapolated using simple physical algorithms without the necessity of replicating the sources of those influences in their entirety.

This would also provide a neat solution to Fermi's Paradox in our own iteration of the simulated multiverse and explain why Little Britain USA was a f**king abortion.

I understood that the estimated power to fuel a quantum computer of sufficient complexity to simulate the entire quantum event field of our (visible) universe would exceed the energy in said universe. And this explains why Walliams wasn't very good in that Frankie Howerd biopic, though paradoxially Rafe Spall was.