British Comedy Guide

A one-liner

At the risk of being called a cheese merchant, I'd welcome comments on this throwaway 1 second sketch.............

MAN: "Well Hollywood here I come. Or Brazilian. Haven't decided yet"

Thanks

Explain.

Have many people heard of a Hollywood wax (I didn't until I looked it up on wikipedia)? Either way, not really my thing I have to say.

I've heard of a hollywood because I was going to use it in a sitcom of mine, but then I discovered that not many other people have heard of it so I went with brazilian instead. I guess this suffers from the same thing.

It's not really strong enough by itself. Better as a throwaway one-liner in a longer sketch or sitcom.

It's kind of an ideal scene-closer in a sitcom where a man goes off to Hollywood. But that's probably a lot of work just to get one line in...

Dan

Echo everything that everyone else said.

In fact David hit the nail on the head - if you have to explain then it's no good.

Thanks for all the replies chaps.

On the assumption that it'll take five years for this sketch to be accepted, by which time everyone will know what a 'hollywood' is, if not have one, how about this........

SCENE: INT. A HALLWAY. AN EFFETE YOUNG MAN BOUNDS DOWN THE STAIRS EXCITEDLY. AT THE FOOT OF THE STAIRS IS HIS MUM.

MAN: Well Mum, hollywood here I come! Wish me luck!

MUM: Oh darling that's wonderful news.

SHE HUGS HIM. HE PRODUCES A BROCHURE FROM BEHIND HIS BACK.

MAN: Thanks Mum. Or do you think a brazilian would be better?

HE OPENS THE BROCHURE TO REVEAL PICTURES OF MODELS SPORTING VARIOUS PUBIC HAIRSTYLES.

END.

I had a Bazilian the other day. Don't arf make you eyes water.

I had a Brazillian, I punched Pele in the back of the head.

I had a Bazilian - I've gat a Fawlty Towers complex