British Comedy Guide

The Weather Page 203

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd June 2024, 10:19 AM

British weather is moodier than Herc after his quiz has been edited.

That was ages ago! You wouldn't let it lie!!

I've moved on now since the Doc gave those new pink pills

Lots of people on the beach this morning as I took my daily constitutional (which basically consists of coffee & biscuits). Apparently enjoying the onset of summer. Albeit three weeks early.

It's been more like October today

Where in October though?

Hottest temperature in the Northern Hemisphere: 46.8°C (116.2°F) at Ab Bakhsh, Iraq, October 4.
Coldest temperature in the Northern Hemisphere: - 49.5°C (-57.1°F) at Summit, Greenland, October 15.

:D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th June 2024, 8:27 AM

Where in October though?

Hottest temperature in the Northern Hemisphere: 46.8°C (116.2°F) at Ab Bakhsh, Iraq, October 4.
Coldest temperature in the Northern Hemisphere: - 49.5°C (-57.1°F) at Summit, Greenland, October 15.

:D

Bloody hell, you're getting picky, ain't yer - still like October outside and my C.Hair came on again

First day of summer today. And pretty warm too. Which just goes to show that you can't mess with nature.

Longest day too, which I always thought was on the 21st, but apparently it can also fall on the 22nd

St Swithin's Day, if thou dost rain,
For forty days it will remain:
St. Swithin's Day, if thou be fair,
For forty days 'twill rain nae mair.

WAS hot with brilliant sunshine, but it's clouded over now, here in East Anglia

Pouring with rain here now ☂️ Had to put the light on at 6:30 and the tv picture's gone off.

Here's to the next 40 days.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th July 2024, 6:37 PM

Pouring with rain here now ☂️ Had to put the light on at 6:30 and the tv picture's gone off.

Here's to the next 40 days.

My God, you really do suffer in your neck of the woods, don't you

I expect St. Swithin did a lot of swimmin' then. Yes fantastic evening of continuous rainfall, the sound of it on the new aluminium window sills was glorious. ☔ Should be splashy on the roads today.

St Swithin's Day +1.

It's raining. 39 days to go...

If only there were some way that mankind could override nature and somehow affect the climate. Obviously that's impossible.

That's just the contrails poisoning your mind.

What happened to yesterday's rain? Does nothing work as it should any more?