British Comedy Guide

The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 4

You know I don't listen to you anymore, don't you?

Dan

Quote: KRUSTY @ March 22 2009, 7:25 PM GMT

OH my god!! Where the f**k can we get a bed from!!!??? Does ANYONE know ANYONE, with a f**king bed?!

Call me Captain Sarcsatic.

PS. If it's funny enough, they'll build a f**king bed; if it isn't, don't send it.

Good pint.

Any one else enter this?

Any one else heard?

Has every one else had more sex than me?

Quote: sootyj @ April 16 2009, 2:13 PM BST

Any one else enter this?

I know I intended to but I'm buggered if I can recall actually sending the email off!

I sent a couple of sketches off, but had completely forgotten about it. I haven't heard anything yet. I expect they're still sorting through sketches and making decisions.

I seem to remember the brief saying they probably wouldn't have time to reply to everyone.

I entered but I wouldn't expect a quick reply. Its a relatively small setup and they had something like 380-odd members on facebook, so if they sent in 3 sketches each then that's... a lot... plus all of the people who aren't members on Facebook.

They probably got around 2,000 sketches to pick from. Errr

Two weeks until the first show... expect they have their list by now. Did anyone hear anything?

I don't know a great deal but I think the initial date has been put back a bit, so as far as I'm aware everyone who has submitted is still in with a shot.

Jx

Thanks for that, Jane. I can extend my 'well you never know' hopefulness. Indefinitely would be good :)

I thought I had no chance with this, but its good to know there is still a glimmer.

Its a shame they don't use their Facebook page to update at least some of the masses about any changes in dates, we could easily pass it on.

Hi Nuts

I think the plan is to update the Facebook site in due course so please do pass it on here after as I'm trying not to get sucked into yet another website!

Thanks

Jx

Hello!

First of all, apologies for the big impersonal email...

Thanks for submitting sketches for The Works; unfortunately we've had to make the decision to cancel the first show on the 8th of May as we didn't quite have enough material. However, all is not lost: we still plan to put on a show over the summer, and will be in touch once we have a confirmed date.

Please do keep submitting sketches - we will be getting in touch with people individually whose sketches and ideas we'd like to be part of the first show.

So, sorry about that! But we'll be in touch with more news shortly.

Lots of love,

The Works Team

Whaaaaaaaaaat? I thought they would be swamped with submissions.

Quote: thefridaylink @ May 1 2009, 9:31 AM BST

Whaaaaaaaaaat? I thought they would be swamped with submissions.

Maybe we were all shit...