British Comedy Guide

Watson's Wind Up - oneliners & short sketches. Page 27

Thanks for that Mikey.
I've sent a few gags off and had a couple of encouraging e-mails back from Phil.
Need to keep plugging away!!

All the best.

Gary

Like the art, its just a hobby for me Gary.

I've been lucky to have a few gags on WW and on TV with the hogmanay Only an Excuse?

As Mikey says its best to tailor the gags for each individual show and soldier on regardless; persistence pays.

Tam

Tam and Mikey are just gifted amateurs. We're pros though, we lived like kings off the £18 we got from our huge contribution to the last series.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ December 8 2009, 2:45 AM GMT

With Watson's Wind-Up, I'm just lucky I've nailed their "style."
There are other radio shows that I've so far failed to get on, yet other writers here have succeeded.

Well done on getting on WW. I'm sure the rest will follow with the same adapt-to-show philosophy.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 8 2009, 4:14 PM GMT

Well done on getting on WW. I'm sure the rest will follow with the same adapt-to-show philosophy.

I'm hoping if I hold out long enough, they'll adapt the show to suit my comedy.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ December 8 2009, 4:27 PM GMT

I'm hoping if I hold out long enough, they'll adapt the show to suit my comedy.

:) you'll be surprised how many people really think that.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 8 2009, 4:41 PM GMT

:) you'll be surprised how many people really think that.

Wait, that's not going to happen?

Gifted amateurs of the world unite!:D

This week's shenanigans:

George Bush has denied allegations of war crimes and says if he ever finds out who the allegators are, he will zoo them.

Tiger Woods says he will put his marital problems behind him to focus all of his attention on the Ryder cup.

A new film-biography of Tiger Woods' life is to be released called Caddyshag.

Kris Boyd is to sing on a Christmas charity single with a version of "The Tash My Father Wore".

Stars of the golfing world have rallied round Tiger Woods including US golf legend Shag Knickerless.

The Queen and the Pope clashed this week when the monarch launched a stinging attack on the Paparazzinger.

Tommy Sheridan has come out in support of Tiger Woods and called for solidarity among coloured swingers.

The paparazzi made the headlines this week when two jungle contestants took a rat, papped it into a pot to make celebrity ratatouille.

Chef Gino d'Acampo is to release a new "Celebrity" fast food range called Roll and rat.

Danish scientist have teamed up with Primark to produce a vest that keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer called the Copenhagen climate simmet.

The younger brother of Shadow Chancellor George Osborne has converted to Islam. David Cameron is now 3-1-on to do the same according to Mecca.

"I'm a Celebrity" winner Gino d'Acampo was rushed to hospital this week having overdosed on 15 Go-Go toxic Hamsters.

Barack Obama has announced 30,000 troop reinforcements for immediate deployment to the world hotspots of Afghanistan, Iraq and the tunnel at New Douglas Park.

Councillors in North Somerset say plans to privatise cemeteries in the region will only drive it underground.

Scientists in Livingston have unveiled the world's first bionic fingers and will now begin an extensive advertising campaign using Barry Ferguson and Alan Macgregor.

Intelligence that Saddam Hussein could launch a chemical attack on UK targets within 45 minutes came from a taxi driver in Iraq, an MP has claimed. The intell proved costly as his meter is still running and there is a boundary charge.

Scientists at Nasa are testing a mineral only found in Scotland to see if it can provide clues about life on Mars. The mineral is called deepfriedmarsbarite.

Children are in danger by being put through the hatches of recycling banks to steal second-hand clothing, according to charity officials. The children then escape using a ladder in their tights.

The SNP are to complain to the politics ombudsman after Alex Salmond was compared to Stalin, Kenny MacAskill to Gandhi and Nicola Sturgeon to Woody from the Bay City Rollers.

More than a ton of dog-food was stolen from a Dundee pet shop this week. Police are on the lookout for a leg-humper with bad-breath and are to interview all females on Tayside.

Martin Bain has described his management's contract as a gentleman's agreement whereas Walter Smith says it's a gentleman's convenience.

Hamilton-Hearts referee, David Somers, says he hadn't seen as much carnage in a tunnel since the days of Dodi and Di.

Great stuff Tam, your best yet Laughing out loud

My standouts were the 'Ryder Cup', 'Shag Knickerless' 'underground cemeteries' and 'bionic fingers'. They were all pretty sweet though.

Cheers Gerry.

Unfortunately, got this from Philip:

Hi Tam,

just to let you know last week's will be the last in the series, or at least the last we are recieiving material for, the Christmas and New year shows are being pre-recorded and written in house. On a sad note, next week's will be the last Wind Up, the series has not been re-commisioned. Obvioulsy we're disappointed but there's not musch we can do about it.

all the best,

philip

Another nail in the non-comm coffin. :(

Quote: Tam-S @ December 9 2009, 1:00 PM GMT

Cheers Gerry.

Unfortunately, got this from Philip:

Hi Tam,

just to let you know last week's will be the last in the series, or at least the last we are recieiving material for, the Christmas and New year shows are being pre-recorded and written in house. On a sad note, next week's will be the last Wind Up, the series has not been re-commisioned. Obvioulsy we're disappointed but there's not musch we can do about it.

all the best,

philip

Another nail in the non-comm coffin. :(

Shit. :O Do you think he meant 'Next week's will be the last we are receiving material for?

So basically, don't bother sending stuff in this week, then?

Very sorry to hear it's been axed. As you say, another avenue closed off...

Oh dear. Bad news. :(

Also had this from Philip:

This year the show goes out on Christmas Day and New Years Day but obviously we won't be recording shows in those weeks. What we will be doing is recording a 'Christmas' show at the GFT after our normal show on December 11th and a 'New Year' show after our normal show at the GFT on December 18th.

So I take it this means next week's show (18th) is the last they will accept material for. (mistake in his original e-mail, 1st line: "last week" means "next week".

Tam

Cheers for the clarification Tam.