British Comedy Guide

Watson's Wind Up - oneliners & short sketches. Page 22

Well, Ric. It's better than a kick up the arse. Will post my stuff if it don't make it.

Inverness has got to be in with a chance...

Quote: Bert Bastard @ November 20 2009, 1:08 AM GMT

Well, Ric. It's better than a kick up the arse. Will post my stuff if it don't make it.

Hehe. That is true. The problem is too many people are posting cracking lines, good on yer ya bastards....hehe. Good luck to everyone :)

P.S. Happy Birthday Bert(for 3 weeks time).

Quote: R.J. @ November 20 2009, 9:38 AM GMT

Inverness has got to be in with a chance...

Yes, they are all in with a chance...the problem is the odds...

Some great submissions for this week - looking forward to tuning in tonight.
I put in one gag but pretty stiff competition this week!!!

OLD MAN 1:
Did I tell you I was at the Scottish Incontinence Society Annual Dinner the other night?

OLD MAN 2:
Naw.
Was it any good?

OLD MAN 1:
Oh aye – the meal was great – and I'll tell you, the starter was different class - I've never tasted better soup.

OLD MAN 2:
Cock a leekie?

OLD MAN 1:
Aye but it didnae stop me having a great night!.

Quote: Ric B @ November 20 2009, 9:49 AM GMT

Yes, they are all in with a chance...the problem is the odds...

Well, let's just say that's the only one I'd be prepared to put money on. Fifty pence each way
Cool

Among the poo I churn out I get the odd hit and this was used at this week's show (26th minute of download http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nwz6l/Watsons_WindUp_Series_4_Episode_7/): Football coach George Burley has been sacked and nephew Craig argues it's because the players were 'too thick'. When asked to elaborate he said, 'Sorry dinna unnerstand the feckin' question.'

Who got stuff on this week? Anyone?

I listened to the end on the iPlayer but it cuts out before all the names have been read out.

I think I got a gag on this week Tony: they just reworded it and changed the topic.

Well done Gerry, good stuff.

I, too, got one on this week, though it had a different set-up, different punchline and was written by someone else entirely...

Seriously though, I did get one on this week, but Andrew Neil's delivery ruined it.

Nice one Gregor :)

I never got one in this week by the way, I was trying to make a joke in my earlier post.

(Note for future ref: what until hangover subsides before attempting a gag)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ November 22 2009, 3:55 PM GMT

Nice one Gregor :)

I never got one in this week by the way, I was trying to make a joke in my earlier post.

(Note for future ref: what until hangover subsides before attempting a gag)

Sorry, my irony detector is malfunctioning at the moment, seems to have got stuck in "American" mode.

I didn't get anything in either - was trying to make a joke as well. >_<

I think the reason we're not getting anywhere with Watson's is writ large in these last two posts Gerry... :P

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ November 22 2009, 4:01 PM GMT

I didn't get anything in either - was trying to make a joke as well. >_<

I think the reason we're not getting anywhere with Watson's is writ large in these last two posts Gerry... :P

I think you're right Laughing out loud

Funniest gag I've heard for ages on Watson's Wind Up was the one on Friday about there being a possible multi million pound compensation after the George Burley sacking although his lawyer has advised him not to pay it!!

It may have been the g and ts but my brother and I were p*****g ourselves!

Was it anyone's on this forum? (Hats off if it was!)