British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 83

Yes. Final show was broadcast on Thursday.

Okay, it's over. When do we get paid? I've already bought a frame for the cheque.

As it's the BBC, prepare yourself for a long wait.

You should receive the usual Beeb contract, which you sign and return. Then you will be graced with pieces of silver.

The last episode podcast is finally available. No idea why it took so long. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/newsjack/

Dan

Nice one. Cheers Dan.

Anybody got contracts or anything yet? I still didn't hear back whether they were going to admit that they'd used my vox pop.

I haven't, not since they asked me to send my bank details to their bean counters while the series was still airing.

I chased them up and the email was a little something like this:

'Yes you will get paid, a contract should be with you within the next
couple of weeks.'

That was on 5 August, so shouldn't be long before I get my £1.76 :|

Quote: DrVole @ August 18 2009, 9:31 AM BST

That was on 5 August, so shouldn't be long before I get my £1.76 :|

Don't knock it, that's half a Razzle.

Any clue what the rate for this is, anyone?

As it's the Beeb, won't it be somewhere around the £75 per minute mark?

BBC Radio 7 radio rate is (or was for Tilt), I'm afraid to inform, £33/min.

Can any RFTP-er (or other Radio 4 non-comm) confirm what the Radio 4 rate is? I suspect it's higher as it's not 'digital-only' but might be mistaken.

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ August 18 2009, 10:33 AM BST

Don't knock it, that's half a Razzle.

Quote: swerytd @ August 18 2009, 1:26 PM BST

Can any RFTP-er (or other Radio 4 non-comm) confirm what the Radio 4 rate is? I suspect it's higher as it's not 'digital-only' but might be mistaken.

Dan

Mine was a 10 second vox pop - so I wasn't that far off! (although it might stretch to a WHOLE Razzle Huh? )

Quote: swerytd @ August 18 2009, 1:26 PM BST

Dan

From memory, I think it was (surprisingly) £1 less per minute for R4. Although that was before the new iPlayer add-on.