British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 69

Thanks, Sootyj! :D

In a way I'm glad the last week of this is coming up. I don't have much time for writing nowadays, and the last six I've been buggering about with sketches and the like for this. It'll be nice to get back to my own projects.

So come on then - how many people went with a George Bush/concealing intelligence gag this week? (I wanna know who I'm up against!) :P

Also, to add to ForzaCarra's point: how many of those who have actually had success getting one-liners onto the show submitted them via an attatchment, rather than simply pasting them into the main body of the email? (A little concerned now!)

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 4:30 PM BST

In a way I'm glad the last week of this is coming up. I don't have much time for writing nowadays, and the last six I've been buggering about with sketches and the like for this. It'll be nice to get back to my own projects.

Agreed! Over the last 6 weeks my typical week has looked like this:

-Friday: Thursday's episode is over. Get annoyed with sketches that featured.
-Saturday: Look through newspapers, internet, TV for stories I could make funny.
-Sunday: More research. Panic a bit as I've written nothing.
-Monday: Hastily write a sketch and send it off. No Auto-reply.
-Tuesday: Relax all day, until 4:30pm when I realise I forgot to write any Vox Pops. Write half hearted ones at 4:59pm.
-Wednesday: Pessimistic all day. Don't get an email. Left wondering.
-Thursday: Optimistic all day, fooling myself into thinking I have something on but my email was never sent. Listen to show at 11:30pm. Cry myself to sleep.

Looking forward to next week now, where I can get back to procrastinating on other projects.

I'm wondering if anyone's got one-liners in that weren't corrections or vox pops? It occurred to me today that in all the previous weeks I've submitted one-liners that were neither.

Quote: Speckled Jim @ July 15 2009, 4:47 PM BST

Also, to add to ForzaCarra's point: how many of those who have actually had success getting one-liners onto the show submitted them via an attatchment, rather than simply pasting them into the main body of the email? (A little concerned now!)

Both the sketch and one-liner I got recorded were attachments

Good, good. Now I know that the only reason mine weren't used is because they were shit. I can't tell you what a relief that is! Rolling eyes

Just to confuse things, both the vox pops I got in I attached and also put in the body of the email.

I attached my vox pops to the email, typed them in the body of the email AND wrote on the back of my hand. :P

Seriously though, I always send attachments, with vox pops/corrections all sent in one word doc.

I just wrote mine on a piece of paper, tied them to a brick and threw them through the producers window.
That'll show em
:D :P

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ July 15 2009, 11:50 PM BST

I just wrote mine on a piece of paper, tied them to a brick and threw them through the producers window.
That'll show em
:D :P

It bloody will, they're on the top floor of Henry Wood House. That's a hell of a throwing arm.

Quote: Griff @ July 15 2009, 11:57 PM BST

It bloody will, they're on the top floor of Henry Wood House. That's a hell of a throwing arm.

Then who's window did I throw a brick through ?

ooops
:$ Whistling nnocently

Women's hour probably, it'll distract them for my demands that they do the show in the nude.

Anyone go to the recording tonight? How did it go? Apparently I had another Vox Pop in the line-up. :)

(BTW I also have sent everything as Word document attachments).

I wrote the entire show under 26 pseudo names, sorry.