British Comedy Guide

Writing for Newsjack (aka 7 on 7) Page 61

Damn. Out of that list you gave the only one topic I covered was the Ashes. The other topics I covered were BT and Mark Cavendish/Tour de France. Mind you, I might have got a vox pop on.

Thanks Jane - still there's always next week! if you had a one liner in wonder why they haven't mailed out?

Quote: Jane P @ July 9 2009, 8:28 AM BST

In other news, whoever wrote the Michael McIntyre sketch should be very pleased with themselves.

Probably Michael McIntyre himself -- he gets everywhere, like mould.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ July 9 2009, 9:10 AM BST

Probably Michael McIntyre himself -- he gets everywhere, like mould.

Dan

:) I do like MM although even I'm starting to think could he not tone it down a bit? This sketch is a great little observation on him and stand up generally.

I love The McIntyre, he is very funny but also very easy to take-off as he has a set number of characteristics. :)

Was there a ronnie biggs vox pop- I wrote one and I'm sure it would make people groan

Was last week the BCG special then? I can't believe there's almost none of us had stuff on this week, and eight (minimum) had stuff recorded last week!

Dan

Trouble is we've not had emails yet so people don't know for sure - I think 3 people are in and I hope more are.

I remembered some more topics covered.

One about a group who've just realised illegal immigrants aren't having a big impact on housing waiting lists. Car sales downturn. Artificial sperm.

Some of these are Miles' additions but I'm including now as no doubt a few of us are thinking about sketches or lines for next week...

Seems wierd that they haven't sent emails yet. I'm doubtful that any of mine got in by your description. I had one Vox Pop which was very groany (I made it that way obviously), butthat's about it. We'll see. Weeeeeeeeeeeee'll seeeee.

Quote: Jane P @ July 9 2009, 7:05 AM BST

it might have been the 'torture' one.

That was the one - good knockabout stuff.

Got your e-mail yet, Jane?

Quote: biddyhell @ July 9 2009, 3:27 PM BST

Got your e-mail yet, Jane?

Funny you should say that - I got it just now. So they're on their way...

Quote: Timbo @ July 9 2009, 1:33 PM BST

That was the one - good knockabout stuff.

:) Whatever floats your boat.

I like how they act them out even though it's radio.

Oh and I just went on the site for tickets and it looks like they're all booked up now for the last two weeks. :(

Just got my email to say a one liner of mine made the recording but too early to say if it made the broadcast. Fingers crossed!

Nice one Dr V - I just asked how many submissions they get and apparently it's about 400 a week! So we've done well/ been lucky to get this far...

Fanks Jane. :D

Recall whether there was a quango vox pop / M25 correction?