British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 9

Eek. Is that childhood nightmare inducer Robert Englund?

Without makeup?

Quote: Griff @ November 18 2008, 3:51 PM GMT

I think it's Georgina Baillie.

Can't be. It looks too toned.

Meoooowwwww.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 18 2008, 12:08 PM GMT

You should have read General General last night when everyone was helping me with my relationship. (We're okay now btw everyone, he called).

You need to be friendly, but totally act nonchalent about the whole thing. Say hi, ask how she is, but be really airy about it, as if you're not really interested. She'll be gutted and if she is interested she'll come back to you. If not, you've tken the higher ground.

What was your problem may I ask?

She didn't know the best way to dispose of the body. ;)

Higher a Zonda for the day and then tell her you've won the lottery. Sweet.

I'm not a cold person so couldn't really carry on being just about nice to her, so today I just thought I would come in and be my usual self and get on with things. I've promised myself that I won't ask her out again, and I won't. I will stop short of giving her the impression that I'm chasing her though, I think me asking her out initially, a couple of months back, has made her think that all men are interested maybe, it's hard to know how the female mind works.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 19 2008, 9:57 AM GMT

it's hard to know how the female mind works.

The trick is to just ask her old bean.

:)

Don't be so stupid Marc! If he does that, the earth will burst open and England will crumble into the sea all because someone decided to use common sense!

Darn, I was forgetting that!

:(

Ok.....so, I split up with 'her indoors' recently. Not really surprised, if I'm honest.....it had fizzled out and she wanted very different things from life. But she was a great lass and I had a good time with her.

So, time to move on? Yep, I think so.

Sooooo.....there is this new lass I like. Very cute and sweet, very funny and with the same kind of interests as me. Great, I hear you say. But, I've known her for a few years and there has never been any kind of flirting at all. Well, I did pay her a very, very subtle compliment a while back but didn't get a response.....at least ot a negative one.

I don't know what to do. I'm soooo friggin' shy about these kinds of things. You'll probably say 'go for it', but, y'know........I can't. :(

You've been friends too long. It's hard to turn it into something more. Plus it sounds like she'd just be a rebound girl.

I wouldn't say I'm on the rebound. I can happily be alone for a year or more, but when someone special is in view......I turn to mush.

I think the problem is more your other point- turning friendship into 'love'. It is very awkward.

If you get on well and have the same interests, could you suggest going somewhere together as mates, then see what happens?

Just kiss her.