British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 8

What was it Sarah Palin said about lipstick...?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 18 2008, 3:02 PM GMT

Queer.

:D

Quote: Aaron @ November 18 2008, 1:57 PM GMT

What's a "healthy romantic interest" though?

Wanting to hold hands, gaze at sunsets, make pleasant conversation, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Heheh!

Yes sorry about that gag (which is much what I said at the time).

Going by this thread, I shouldn't even consider the possibility of having a relationship ever again. :)

Hookers it is then!

Quote: Aaron @ November 18 2008, 3:16 PM GMT

Going by this thread, I shouldn't even consider the possibility of having a relationship ever again. :)

I've been single for coming up to a few years now and this situation with this girl has made me realise one thing - that I am ready for a relationship now, perhaps not with her, but I'm ready to meet somebody.

Writing comedy doesn't seem to be enough for me now. :)

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 3:19 PM GMT

I've been single for coming up to a few years now and this situation with this girl has made me realise one thing - that I am ready for a relationship now, perhaps not with her, but I'm ready to meet somebody.

Perhaps that was why this didn't work out. A lot of people don't like going on dates if they know the other person is primed and ready for a serious relationship. They just want a bit of fun, and if things develop, great.

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2008, 3:17 PM GMT

Hookers it is then!

*shudder*

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2008, 3:17 PM GMT

Hookers it is then!

Dead hookers?

If you prefer.
Which we all know you do.

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2008, 3:24 PM GMT

If you prefer.
Which we all know you do.

Yay!

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2008, 3:21 PM GMT

Perhaps that was why this didn't work out. A lot of people don't like going on dates if they know the other person is primed and ready for a serious relationship. They just want a bit of fun, and if things develop, great.

Perhaps. I think she did know that I wanted more than maybe she did, but I realised this early on, and we had two more relaxed dates after that. On the first date we spoke about our work situation a little, but not wanting this to be the main focus of our conversation, I changed the subject.

I'm still of the opinion that I've done my best with this girl, and if it isn't good enough, then she isn't good enough.

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 3:19 PM GMT

Writing comedy doesn't seem to be enough for me now. :)

Maybe she didn't like your strong arm tactics :P ...what with you being single for years and that